Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST Base Model Seats?

32K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  GhiaFan 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a picture of the ST base model seats? Are they the same seats offered in a regular Focus like the SEL?

#35 ·
I've had 6+ hour trips in both the Focus and my STI and the Sport seats in the Focus are much easier on the back and just enough snugness to give you lateral support but have a little room to move which the seats in the Subi are too snug.

We did have some unusual wear on the driver's seat so instead of waiting for it too wear and become a warranty issue we just covered 'em up. These are really decent seats for a $20k car.

#39 ·
I sat in both and I prefer the base model seats over the recaros. They more comfortable around the hiney/thigh area, Im 5'11" 195lbs, not fat at all, Im at the gym 5 days a week and the recaro seats are just too snug for daily driving. I also dont want leather in my car as i sometimes have my two dogs in the back and theyd tear it up.
The recaro seats definitely look cool, but the standard seats look nice in person too, and far more practical, and for me thats what the focus is all about, practical but still fun.

#40 ·
Back in 1999 I took my new Contour SVT seat bottom off and added side bolster and scalloped the seat bottom back.
All that locks the seat bottom material and foam to the metal frame are 'hog clips' typically plain metal circlea simply bent into a circle. Take those off, then the fabric or leather bottom is a "U" shaped channle fitted 'up' to the metal seat frame. Slide that off, and the seat bottom will come our (Without taking the seat out of the car)

Thye may have changed the way the parts get stuck on the frame... But I bet not by much. I am feeling too old to be trying anything like that now... (I was 48 years old back then)

Putting the seat back ON the frame is harder. Especially the seat base channel on the console side. (so do that one first)
I never put back the hog rings.. No real need (and I used the seat for 13 years)

I just put in an order for a ST. base modelwith the Se sport like seats.
I was able to try both at the dealer. the base are just like my SE sport package seats. The ST3 leather were OK for awhile. But sitting in them started to pinch my outer thighs.. Ouch!. A few years ago I chanced sitting in the ST2 seats. again it was no good. Too fat behind)
Plus I have no use for most of the 'goodies' in the 202A package. So the base ST it was.(with moonroof.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.