Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Underdrive Pulley Question!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  joecicalese 
#1 ·
Hi,

This is my first time posting to a forum, usually I have found that someone else has already asked the questions I have. So I hope that I'm not asking a question that was already asked elsewhere.

Anyway,

I just bought the 2 piece UDP set from C-F-M and am planning on attacking it this weekend. I also bought a timing belt, a water pump, and a new passenger motor mount (just got my tax return!).

Is there anything else I should be changing? I've heard that the belt can slip, and that I should replace the serp belt and tensioner. Are the tensioner/idler the same piece? What should I actually be buying?

And I want to get an SVT header one day, so should I wait to do it until then since I'll have the thing apart?

Thanks all, hope I posted in the right category! : )

#2 ·
Replace it all. the idler and tensioner are separate parts.

Did you buy the timing tool kit?

#4 ·
replace the tensioner and idler for BOTH the t-belt and serpentine belt, Gates sells a kit for the T-belt with pulleys included the serpentine pulleys you will have to purchase separately

#6 ·
Thanks!! This is really helpful as I am really buying the timing belt tomorrow (it's been hanging out on my Amazon wishlist waiting for my next check to land. Do you happen to know the part number? I'm sure it's easy to find, but if you know off-hand I'd appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.