Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ford vs. GM vs. Dodge compact shootout *feeler

4K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Section8cav 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
my name is scott and i represent the GM compact group in austin.
Im here because i am trying to gauge interest on a possible event for next year.
Currently our group hosts an event once a year called GM LoneStarBash,
pretty similar to your focus round up. However we have ours at a 1/4 mile track and have a judged car show as well as heads up elimination racing + TnT.
Up to this point our event has mainly supported gm compact cars. However next year we are trying to make things more interesting,bigger and better.
We would like to drop the GM off the event and make it a Domestic compact event.
We bring cars in from all over texas for this and it is a great regional event, we have already begun gauging interest in the dodge community and they seem to be very interested and excited about this.
Combining our bash with perhaps your round up could have some serious potential, add dodge compacts to the mix and we could have some real fun.
I will personally be out at the round up in austin on april 10th. you cant miss me ill be the odd ball that rolls up in a cavalier haha we can have a more serious discussion about it then i hope.
Till then i would just like to gauge everyones interest and here any positives or negatives you might have, as well as ideas. i am open to all and look forward to hearing what you think about this.
thanks for your time.

See less See more
#3 ·
This sounds like a great idea, where will the event take place next year? With our Focus Roundup we normally rotate it between the big cities of Dallas, Austin and Houston.

#4 ·
We rotate ours as well. different location every year...however a central location would probably be best for something like this. I was considering temple,tx. theres a 1/4 mile in little river. however my goal would be to get texas motorplex again in Ennis tx.

#7 ·
I was telling Scott last night that this would be a great idea! I was hopeing every body would jump on this so we can get something together.

#12 ·
Because we figured you wouldn't be awake for most of them ... lol

And if you haven't noticed, most of the guys in the Houston crew are going all Show ... with the exception of you, me and ZAB (whose doing both).

.... well, for now ... [paranoid]

-Ray-

#16 ·
im glad you guys like the idea. like i said before, ill be at the meet in round rock in april, assume most of you will as well ;) and we can talk details. for those of you who dont focus on performance we have always had a judged show at our event and i would like to keep that aspect for this one as well, but it all depends on interest.

#20 ·
My car is getting put back together as we speak, but the guy is undermanned and is taking his time due to other work. This is fine by me. Even after this setup get all done I'm still gonna start buying up turbo parts to boost the supercharger. Guess it's just a long work in progress. [headbang]

#21 ·
Indeed ... Im pretty curious to see how the Hybrid FI on your car will work out.

Did you build the internal parts of your engine? Stronger Pistons and so on?

-Ray-

#24 ·
Don't you still have a stereo in you ride? I put the 340 pound stereo back in my focus just for the round-up lol! Power helps to just move the stereo for one show to the next lol!

#29 ·
hey guys ! hope you all had a good year! 2012 is here and as promised this event is in the works. currently in the planning stages. I really have high hopes for this event as long as everyone can work together and get along ( like i know everyone can )
Original plans included Dallas Raceway 1/4 mile track... but if you havnt heard dallas raceway was recently CLOSED . It was a great track and will be missed. Other tracks and options are still in the works but due to the cost of renting a track when no one is making runs we are considering hosting the show/meet portion of the event at a seperate location until racing begins.
Just wanted to get a feeler................what do you guys think of goKart racing?
and i dont mean the little 10mph karts you drive in circles with at your local puttputt.
Im talking about performance indoor karts that run around 45mph !! anyone ever tried them? anyone interested in trying them? they really are a fun experience and a level playing field for everyone to enjoy. Considering having the show portion at one of these Kart tracks then going to the real track afterwards.
Thoughts? Ideas? Is this something that would interest this group? Please let me know, thanks.

#30 ·
Welcome back Scott. What great timing. We have been talking about our TexasFocusRoundup and what we would like to do this year.

We have brought up the Kart idea but haven't made a decision yet.

I think a few of us would be interested in talking over what CSS members had in mind.

#31 ·
I apparently missed this thread last year but of course I had just joined lol. Sounds like an interesting and fun idea. Of course right now there is debate on where to have the Txfru. What city would it be in and around what date? And yes karts are fun as hell. We have a Track 21 here that is fun but only 6-8 karts can run at a time.

#32 ·
yes, i am familiar with track21, and having 8 karts at a time is more than enough. When racing Karts coming in 1st isnt the goal. You want to get the best lap time. Also lonestar motorsports park is right down the road from there. However im currently working with another venue in a different city so i want to see how that works out first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.