Post pics of your knob's

54K views 158 replies 59 participants last post by  macatron 
#1 · (Edited)
Shift knob that is [:p]

here is mine, steeda knob on the Steeda sts

And this is what it looked like before I zip tied the boot up

See less See more
#100 ·
Here are a couple pics of my Torch Blue Blox. It is the perfect companion to the Steeda short-throw bracket, IMO. It is mounted with the drill stop under the boot, so the top of the boot is flush with the ball:

#106 ·
Everyone with the Blox race knobs, I have a question. I have one of the 490s in blue and it gets HOT! I would like to keep the knob, its great, shifts smooth, and looks great to go with it. What do you do with yours, or is there another knob in similar weight that you would recommend?

#115 ·
I have the SickSpeed "Old School" shift knob in White with Black lettering. To go along with my white car and black ext. pkg.
It is almost the size of a billiard ball and the material does not get hot like a metal knob. When going through SickSpeeds site, make sure you buy the knob that is threaded 12x1.25. Other knobs come with plastic inserts to fit up to three diff. thread pitches. My "Old School" came with a brass adapter that was threaded for 12x1.25 and the inside of the knob was brass threaded to accept the adapter.[clap] $25 plus $4.50 shipped to Toronto, Ontario in 6 days. Can't beat that.[woot]

#118 ·
quick question, i bought a beer tap from one of my favorite local breweries, only issue is its too small, anybody know of an adapter or anything like that that i can use? i'm trying to keep the integrity of the thread on both the car and beer tap handle as much as possible. any ideas?

#126 ·
I used Ford Racing PN M-7213-N. It has a 3/8-16 thread on it, so I had to drill and tap it for M12-1.25. I also ground down a nut halfway to .600" diameter to act as the lock nut that comes with the knob. I wouldn't recommend doing all of this if all you want is the cue ball, but I wanted the Ford Racing logo. I used a 1/2" shaft collar, and a zip tie to keep the boot in place.

If you are going to use this knob, chuck a 5/16 drill bit into a drill press. Drop the bit down into the thread of the knob. Using non marring jaws clamp the knob to your work surface. This will locate the hole inline with the drill. Remove the drill bit, and replace with a 27/64" or 10.8mm drill. Drill the hole out, then tap the hole. I found that applying slight down force as I turned the tap to give the best results. Be careful or you'll strip the threads out.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Gear shift

Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Auto part Center console

#127 ·
I went with the American Muscle Satin Silver Ball style from a 2010 Mustang. I love it. So much better than the stock knob!!![woot]

Oh, and I kept the extra piece it came with. Originally, I just slid the boot through it, but I have adjusted it since. I'll post an updated pic once I have daylight...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.