Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  Nos_maniac 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#1,314 ·
Hello,

My name is Jason, I live in Colorado Springs, and I just bought an 2008 Ford Focus SE. I found you guys by google searching. I haven't had much luck with American cars, so I hope nothing goes wrong with this car. *knocks on wood [hihi]
Just found this site a minute ago trying to figure out if I got hosed today HaHa! Signed all the paperwork for a 2012 Titanium Hatchback in White Platinum, won't get to pick it up until Monday. Also Have a 2009 Silver SES thats pretty loaded up that will be for sale soon.
Hey everyone. I've been on the hunt for a clean SVT or ZX3 for about a month now and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Well, impossible to find from a private party. Dealers are frequently charging a $1.5 - 2k premium due to the mpg the focus gets.

I commute to work around 100 miles a day and after doing a lot of research on decent hatchbacks, I've realized the focus is the car of choice. I can't imagine driving a civic, there are thousands of them and have no personality. I currently have a 99 S-10 ZR2, and the mpg it gets is well, not so great. Not to mention with the amount of oil she leaks, I'm straying away from GM.

Anyway, just wanted to register and stop in and say the forum is great, I've spent at least close to an hour here each day reading older threads.

welcome everyone!

#1,313 ·
Hey everyone. I've been on the hunt for a clean SVT or ZX3 for about a month now and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Well, impossible to find from a private party. Dealers are frequently charging a $1.5 - 2k premium due to the mpg the focus gets.

I commute to work around 100 miles a day and after doing a lot of research on decent hatchbacks, I've realized the focus is the car of choice. I can't imagine driving a civic, there are thousands of them and have no personality. I currently have a 99 S-10 ZR2, and the mpg it gets is well, not so great. Not to mention with the amount of oil she leaks, I'm straying away from GM.

Anyway, just wanted to register and stop in and say the forum is great, I've spent at least close to an hour here each day reading older threads.

#1,315 · (Edited)
<-- New guy here

Until recently, I was a happy '03 ZX2 owner (mtx), but following an ill-fated encounter with a flat-bed trailer, I am the proud owner of a loaded 2012 Focus Titanium 5-door.
Since the ZX3 was essentially stripped, all the options have me on a steep learning curve, [scratch] but this site has been making it easier.

I plan to keep my car pretty much stock, if I have the need for excitement I'll jump on the bike or head to the range. [gunfire]

#1,317 ·
Until recently, I was a happy '03 ZX2 owner (mtx), but following an ill-fated encounter with a flat-bed trailer, I am the proud owner of a loaded 2012 Focus Titanium 5-door.
Since the ZX3 was essentially stripped, all the options have me on a steep learning curve, [scratch] but this site has been making it easier.

I plan to keep my car pretty much stock, if I have the need for excitement I'll jump on the bike or head to the range. [gunfire]
WELCOME to the site! Nice upgrade!

#1,326 ·
Hello. I've been lurking around here for a while and figured I'd finally register and post! I have a 2005 ZX4 that I bought brand new for the sole purpose of commuting. Has just over 204k onn it and has been the best car I've ever owned. After driving it stock this whole time I finally decided to lower it a couple inches. So far...love the look. Should have done this 200k ago.[facepalm] Glad to be here and can't wait for the next mod...
Sooo just picked up my 2012 Grey Titanium focus about 2weeks ago , really love the car.This is my first american car , all my previous cars have been honda . Mods only have tinted the windows and just put Hids in yesterday... dont anyone yell at me ,lol...was just reading a thread about Hids :/ .....
New to the site and I love it my girlfriend thinks I'm a nerd for being so in love with my foci and that a found a website with people who love theirs equally as much as I love mine haha. I think she may be right, but who cares the focus is an awesome car and it looks beautiful.

I drive a silver 01 ZX3.

I can't wait to start moding it, but I have no idea where to start. Any sudjestions?
New guy here as well :) I have had my 06 ZX4 for a good month now and I am loving it! Already replaced the factory radio with a Sony unit and I plan to have it lowered and tinted soon.

I have been browsing this site for some time now and I have seen some really great ideas that I can use on my car..

Great site and I'm looking forward to interacting with you guys!

Welcome everyone to the website! we love having you here!

[welcome]

#1,321 ·
Finally a registered member...

Hello. I've been lurking around here for a while and figured I'd finally register and post! I have a 2005 ZX4 that I bought brand new for the sole purpose of commuting. Has just over 204k onn it and has been the best car I've ever owned. After driving it stock this whole time I finally decided to lower it a couple inches. So far...love the look. Should have done this 200k ago.[facepalm] Glad to be here and can't wait for the next mod...

#1,322 ·
Sooo just picked up my 2012 Grey Titanium focus about 2weeks ago , really love the car.This is my first american car , all my previous cars have been honda . Mods only have tinted the windows and just put Hids in yesterday... dont anyone yell at me ,lol...was just reading a thread about Hids :/ .....

#1,324 ·
New to the site and I love it my girlfriend thinks I'm a nerd for being so in love with my foci and that a found a website with people who love theirs equally as much as I love mine haha. I think she may be right, but who cares the focus is an awesome car and it looks beautiful.

I drive a silver 01 ZX3.

I can't wait to start moding it, but I have no idea where to start. Any sudjestions?

#1,325 ·
New guy here as well :) I have had my 06 ZX4 for a good month now and I am loving it! Already replaced the factory radio with a Sony unit and I plan to have it lowered and tinted soon.

I have been browsing this site for some time now and I have seen some really great ideas that I can use on my car..

Great site and I'm looking forward to interacting with you guys!

#1,335 ·
<- Newbie here

Hello all, I'm Thomas and soon to be a proud owner of a 2012 Focus SE hatch.
I had a 2011 Lancer which met it's demise only 9 days after it entered our stable. [xx(] The Mitsubishi dealership I got my Lancer from didn't seem to excited to try to retain my business so I test drove both a Focus and Fiesta. Fell in love with the Focus: how solid it feels, it's handling, the styling, and yes the pricing too. So my wife and I decided to order a Race Red hatch for my replacement vehicle. Delivery cannot come soon enough! [driving]

#1,336 ·
Hello FF.
I am currently driving a 2002 Chevy Cavalier :(
When I was in high school my dad said we could buy a wrecked ZX3 and rebuild it for a graduation present. He didn't like the ZX3's, but he now drives a rebuilt SVT ZX3. Back to the story. I was driving a 94 Pontiac Grand AM GT that I rebuilt with the front end off of a Pontiac Gran Prix SE. Me and dad were searching for a car to build for me, when my car was backed into. The Pontiac went down the road and I got a Cavalier instead of my ZX3. I like it but I am graduating from college in May and I have a ZX3 in the garage. I bought a black '04 ZX3 with light damage to the front end. The person that owned it before had stripped off the bumpers and intake and hood. I rebuilt the front end and it's inspected waiting for my graduation. I'm now in the process of making it my own. I have blacked out brake lights and an order for black angel eye LED headlights. I am doing a SVT brake swap in two weeks. It's currently lowered 2" in front and back. I have a stealth speaker box for the trunk that I am going to install and I plan on reading every forum possible.

Me and my dad will be attending Focus Fest also. Can't wait to get some ideas for a back seat removal mod I have been thinking about.