Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013 Focus & Applink???

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Defender 
#1 ·
HI guys, I've recently purchased a 2013 Titanium. According to http://media.ford.com/images/10031/SYNC_AppLink_Fact_Sheet.pdf my car is supposed to have Applink. I went to my car, pushed the voice command button, said "Mobile App" and all it does is keep giving me options about who do I want to call...

Can someone tell me if my car actually has the applink feature as this Ford PDF file says it does, or do I need an update? I've searched this for 2 hours now and I can't figure it out, so I'm coming here.

Thanks, Defender

#2 ·
I've only had my car for about a month and I haven't tried it yet. Meaning I haven't uploaded any apps to the car or had it connect to Pandora yet.

I know that for the directions you must say "services" and then the command "directions". Have you tried that yet?

I have the Sync Directions app on my Android phone and it gives directions straight to the phone without saying an address, just accept going to the new point uploaded.

I know that when I want to play music on my phone through the car I must have the music app on my phone "opened" but it doesn't need to do anything else and the car lets me control the song played through the steering wheel or touch screen.

#3 ·
I believe it depends on the sync version. There is sync and Sync MFT. Applink i believe is only on the Sync w/o MFT version like the brochure.

You do not mention what sync you have.

#7 ·
Welcome to the twisted world of Ford "technology". Oh, you paid extra for the higher end system? You don't get this feature found on the basic system.

You just got MFT but I have had MFT for over a year now and am on the third major revision. Each revision just seems to take stuff away. My system is currently about two-thirds of what I initially bought as far as features go.

#5 ·
HI guys, I've recently purchased a 2013 Titanium. According to http://media.ford.com/images/10031/SYNC_AppLink_Fact_Sheet.pdf my car is supposed to have Applink. I went to my car, pushed the voice command button, said "Mobile App" and all it does is keep giving me options about who do I want to call...
Can someone tell me if my car actually has the applink feature as this Ford PDF file says it does, or do I need an update? I've searched this for 2 hours now and I can't figure it out, so I'm coming here.
Thanks, Defender
Hi, Defender -

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride!

Currently, AppLink is not available in vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch.

You can still, however, utilize apps on your phone and have them play through the system.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

#6 ·
Yeah, I do have an additional question...

When the hell is this AppLink program going to finally run on MFT?

When I was looking to buy a car, I used the above pdf as a guide because this was a technology I was looking for in a vehicle and now everyone including you are tell me it doesn't exist. This is bogus!

#10 ·
I've read articles all the back to 2011 that talk about Applink and MyFordTouch not being compatible. Is this seriously ever going to see the light of day? Can anyone shine some light on this? I'm just really curious if Ford is even trying to make Applink for the MFT interface.

Thanks, Defender

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.