Alignment

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  barts 
#1 ·
camber: -1.0 -1.0
caster: 3.0 3.0
toe: .02 .02

camber: -1.5 -1.5
toe: .06 .06

What do you all think of this setup for a decent daily driver/autocross setup?

#2 ·
I would go with more toe-out in the front, which would improve turn-in, and really wouldn't show too much extra wear on the tires. Also, I sure wouldn't want more camber in the rear than at the fronts, but that can't be solved without the aftermarket...

#3 ·
The camber settings aren't that good, as Carrera said, and you could probably use a little more toe to notice a difference.

Do you care about tire wear?

#5 ·
This is my set-up for track and auto-x

Camber front: -2°
Camber rear: -1.7°
Caster front: 3.75
Toe front: 1/16 out each side for a total front toe out of 1/8
Toe rear: 0 total
This is an awesome set-up, the turn-in is sooooooooooo much better with that spec [thumb]

#6 ·
Looks like what I would do, given the aftermarket pieces to achieve it.
Do you keep this setup from AutoX to open track? I can understand that it's probably a b*** to change (and not screw up), and you want consistency, but if you had the time and the setup equipment at home (corner scales, laser alignment tools, lift, etc.) and could make a specific AutoX and specific Road Course setup, what do you think they would be?

#9 ·
I think what Carrera26 is getting at, is that's a lot of toe out for a road course.
It'll be rather "darty" shall I say when heading down the straights...

Have you actually run that setup on a road course?

#10 ·
Yeah, that toe seemed great for the cones but fairly twitchy for high-speed. Of course, there are a dozen other factors we aren't discussing as well. I believe that you have a fairly extensive setup, so the ride height, rebound, sway-bar, etc. would change as well. Then there are rain, smooth track, bumpy track, R-Compound vs. Street tire, etc....

I just know that if I were out on the big track that I'd be running more camber and less toe, and it'd be different again if I was going to optimal cone-dodging setup. I could see -3 front camber on the road course, but not in the cones due to traction loss. Just wanted to see what you think you'd set yours at if you could "optimize" for each.

#11 · (Edited)
Carrera26 said:
Yeah, that toe seemed great for the cones but fairly twitchy for high-speed. Of course, there are a dozen other factors we aren't discussing as well. I believe that you have a fairly extensive setup, so the ride height, rebound, sway-bar, etc. would change as well. Then there are rain, smooth track, bumpy track, R-Compound vs. Street tire, etc....

I just know that if I were out on the big track that I'd be running more camber and less toe, and it'd be different again if I was going to optimal cone-dodging setup. I could see -3 front camber on the road course, but not in the cones due to traction loss. Just wanted to see what you think you'd set yours at if you could "optimize" for each.
I really like my set-up for both, even with some toe out the car is very stable in the straight at high speed, and the turn in is so much better.

it depend of your driving style too, i like it when i can put the front of the car exactly where i want so i need that toe out in front to do that, my rear 24mm sway bar help me a lot for that too.

it wont be a traction problem for me with -3° negative camber in autocross cause i have a torsen [;)]

this is what i have on my car
koni yellow, h&r race spring, h&r rear 24 mm sway bar (stock 21mm front) , camber plate & bolts, torsen t-2, front and rear strut bar (waste of money with a focus) , rota slipstream 16 x 7, rt-215 falken azenis 215-45-16

WD40 said:
Have you actually run that setup on a road course?
Yes, once a week i do road course during summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.