Focus Fanatics Forum banner

JRSC install

18K views 113 replies 21 participants last post by  xy0s08 
#1 ·
I have finally pieced together all the brackets for my JRSC and i am planning on starting the install today. the only thing that i am missing from the kit is the hardware.. am i going to run into an issue of not having bots, nuts, vacuum hoses.. ect.. when i start installing it?

#79 ·
okay so i have the stock pulley, the new bracket, and the correct routing but yet the right size belt will not fit (doesnt make sence to me) and i am not getting boost... any ideas?

#81 ·
okay i got the pulleys measured they are probably not spot on with the measurment but it should be close
SC.. 3 inch
Power steering 4 3/4
crank 5 1/2
ten. 2 3/4
a/c 5 3/4

#86 ·
is it possable that i got a SC that was actually for SVT? i dont kno wif that would change anything or not

#91 ·
That's definitely an M45 supercharger which is for the standard zetec, the m62 is for the svt its bigger and won't line up with your manifold. Are you hearing the belt slip mine would squeal for a second when it would slip, and you could actually see my boost drop when it would start slipping.

#92 ·
No i do not see the boost dropping I can only get about 3 psi of boost max. I don't really notice any squealing

#94 · (Edited)
Here are my pulley sizes (these are measured to outside of the shoulders and are close measurements not exact, inside diam. will be smaller).
SC snout pulley (yours) 3"
Belt idler pulley 2 11/16" right side of sc (facing the sc snout from passenger side of the car)
Power steering pulley 5"
AC pulley 5 3/4"
Crankshaft pulley 5 1/8"
Water pump pulley 4"
Belt tensioner pulley 2 3/4"
Idler pulley 2" left side of the sc (facing the sc snout from the passenger side of the car)
Alternator/generator pulley 2"

#96 ·
IMHO your supercharger is been under driven, that's why you are only making 3 psi, I also think your idler pulley is bigger ( not the one from the jrsc kit but the one from the car) therefore your issues with the belt size and also with the jrsc been under driven, the longer the belt the least rpm your accessories get

#97 ·
Belt length doesn't determine how fast a given pulley spins.

Having a larger Idler pulley would simply mean that that Idler would see less RPM's. It could explain the belt length issue though. I know I had to reef on my tensioner pretty good to get enough space to fit my belt on.

The formula for how fast a given pulley spins is:

Crank pulley Diameter/ diameter of pulley your calculating RPM for= Pulley ratio (for each rotation of the crank, this pulley rotates x times)

Pulley ratio* engine RPM = pulley RPM

So the only way the blower would be under-driven is if he has a smaller then stock crank pulley or a larger blower pulley.

#98 ·
Just a shot in the dark, but are you running stock cams? if not, what is your overlap?

If you are absoulutely certain that you have no vacuum leaks, I would change your pulleys to the large crank, smaller S/C ones, if you do not see significant improvement in boost, your s/c is not producing boost. Any chance someone did a home port job on it?

just thinking out loud, we kinda.

Rod

ps: I will have an m45 s/c for sale soon if yours turns out to be bad.

#99 ·
I have stock cams in my car. And I am pretty sure its the stock crank pulley (I've never changed it) and I have no clue if some one did a home port job.

#100 ·
You may have a vacuum/pressure leak which is not showing up until you are under boost.

I had the same conditon when I did my set-up I ended up using a manifold/head gasket from retroford and trimming it for the fuel injectors. Moss does not sell the intake/head gasket.

Here's a link: http://www.retro-ford.co.uk/shop/node/209

#102 ·
Smoke test.
You can disconnect the vacuum line that goes to the bypass valve(so the sc will not bypass), disconnect the cooling fan (so the smoke won't be blown away), then run the engine up in RPM enough to produce a little boost. Then smoke test around the manifold (piece of burning paper snuffed out works, so do cuban cigars). Should be able to see if it is blowing the smoke away.

R

#104 ·
that is no joke guys and i will see what i can get done here in the next few days. i am also getting a BBK pulley so maybe i can get a different belt to fit.

#105 ·
I had one more thought last night while working on mine. Check to make sure the bypass valve is closing all the way. If the butterfly is not closing it will send boost out of the system.
r

#107 ·
okay guys here is what i did to solve my problem.....

this is litteraly a BRAND new kit, i got it from a guy who bought it for his focus and then sold the car and kept the kit and put it away so i was the first person to see some of these parts. not many people can say that the just opened the box to a new JRSC for a Focus these days.

this is why i could not get the right sized belt to fit. because i had the NEW style and i needed the OLD style. now that i have the right bracket the correct size belt fits the car and it has been running great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.