Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What is your favorite tire brand?

132K views 397 replies 331 participants last post by  Fazerdude 
#1 ·
What is your favorite tire brand?

#77 ·
The Perelli Pzero tire is on my focus right now, I love it and...
It Is On The Saleen S7!!!!!
Perelli bought a Saleen S7 and use it to advertise the pzerros
oh yeah they only cost me about 80 bucks a piece from www.tirerack.com for my stock 16's

#78 ·
i dunno much about tires, but right now i'm running on sumitomos HTRZ II for almost a year now, with over 50% thread (agressive driving 25% of driving time). No squeal on high speed cornering. Overall, i can't complain, much better than stock, and i doubt i'll ever see snow here in south florida.
[thumb]

#80 ·
2003zx3 said:
my focus came with pirelli p-6`s i haven`t had the car very long but they ride and handle good. anybody else have these tires? what do you think of them?
Those are the same tires I have stock. I'm not too happy with them. The tread has seemed to disappear and I had a tiny nail go through. I've only got 16,000 miles on these babies and it's about time to change them out.[:(]

#81 ·
You know what I think about this thread as I've read it as we've gone along. We really ought to have seperated things. We have people saying such and such is a good tire...yeah if you are running a stock 15 or 16, then we've got people talking about aftermarket applications. Frankly... The absolute stickiest tire I've run is a Kumho Ecsta V710. Of course that damn tread rating isn't so great, but you can't beat the stick. See what I'm talking about here. Someone is going to honestly compare some of the stock all season tires with a purely competition tire. It doesn't make any sense.

#82 ·
why do people think pirelli is good? is it just because it was the tire that came on your car? mine focus came with some p8000 drago's from pirelli and they suck balls every time i try to go from a stop when the road is wet they spin and i drift off into another lane. imo falken has some of the best rubber for the price you pay which isn't that much 250-400 for a set of 4 wheels depending on size is really good. if this was an f1 or wrc tire poll you would see bridgestone, michelin, and pirelli at the top but it's not so dont pick them

#84 ·
Pirelli is just a name. Someone raps about them and everyone has to get a set to show that they are 'down'. The truth is, most don't know if Pirelli is a good tire or not. It also depends on what type of driving you do. I remember all the ******** around here used to talk about 'Buckshot Mudders' on their 4X4s. They never went off roading, but they had to have the 'Buckshot Mudders'. I won't even bring up the cost issue.

#85 ·
Everyone here is right and everyone is wrong. The three top end dealers are Goodyear, Michelin and Pirelli and they are marketed that way. You also have Dunlop, Yokahama and Bridgestone which are middle of the road, and Falken, Kelly and Kumho which are bargain tires. Every company makes good tires and every company makes crap tires. Some are unfairly crap because they are used in a manner other than their design and have poor performance ( ie. Eagle F1's in the snow). If you are rating the OE tires that came on your car you are judging middle of the road tires that the auto co. got in bulk to work for the masses not the individual enthusiest.
I run dedicated summer tires and dedicated winter tires. Eagle F1 GS-D2's 17" in the summer and Eagle Ultra Grips 16" in the winter.
If you run all season tires which most of you have mentioned you are getting average performance of everything and exceptional nothing so don't expect it!
*****One last word of advice - Your tires are the single best saftey feature you have on your car. If they don't stick you don't go, you don't stop you don't have control. All from something that is mearly held to your car buy air! Think about that the next time your looking for the cheapest tire you can get!

#385 ·
Everyone here is right and everyone is wrong. The three top end dealers are Goodyear, Michelin and Pirelli and they are marketed that way. You also have Dunlop, Yokahama and Bridgestone which are middle of the road, and Falken, Kelly and Kumho which are bargain tires.
===========================================
Every company makes good tires and every company makes crap tires. [grinking]
===========================================
Some are unfairly crap because they are used in a manner other than their design and have poor performance ( ie. Eagle F1's in the snow). If you are rating the OE tires that came on your car you are judging middle of the road tires that the auto co. got in bulk to work for the masses not the individual enthusiest.
I
If you run all season tires which most of you have mentioned you are getting average performance of everything and exceptional nothing so don't expect it!
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]**One last word of advice - Your tires are the single best saftey feature you have on your car. If they don't stick you don't go, you don't stop you don't have control. All from something that is mearly held to your car buy air! Think about that the next time your looking for the cheapest tire you can get!
This is the only guy who knows anything about tires.... in all the post here!

#90 ·
Fuzion ZRi. Had them about 5,000 miles before i went to snow tires. They went from OK to WY twice and still look brand new. Excellent traction in dry good in Wet sucks in snow. I got 205/50/16 on cutom rims. There a little bit noisy but worth it IMO. i dont how much they cost i worked at a tire shop and was able to get my set for 275 bucks. I know there a helluva lot more than that retail.

#94 ·
Focusedat50 said:
Falkens, good price and performance
falkens are kinda a let down. they dont really last long, and they never wear right, no matter how aligned your car is. as a tire tech, i have to say, the best street - as in driving around and occasional racing or showing off, would have to be the BF Goodrich's or a nice Sumitomo. they give the best ride to performance that ive seen. we also sell yokohamas and kumhos. kumhos are pretty amaizng, but they are not designed to last, which is also true about the yokohamas. a kumho, if you baby the hell out of it, will last you about 40k... but for the average person, they probably last 20k to 25k. we dont get yokohamas in very often, and if we do its on a craped over rusted 80's eclipse... which with the price there, why not save some of that money and buy a real car?

but thats really just my opinion and personal experience with them. very open to others experiences. hope to see some replies.

#96 ·
This was a reply to another tire thread so I'll just paste it over here.

I don't know about the extrem contact (I think that is right) but I was so pissed with the crappy stock Conti's I will never buy another set of anything they make. In my opinion buy Pirelli and you can't go wrong. I have the Pzero Nero M/S all season on my car and they kick the stock conti's ass, I may be starting something here but I would venture to say that the Pzero Nero M/S which is a all season tire is better than Conti's summer only performance tire. I am kind of going out on a limb here since I have never tried the extrem contact conti's but I don't see how tires could get much better than the Pzero Nero. If the Pzero Nero M/S is not better I am sure the Pzero Nero summer perfomance tire is better. I'll look them up and post the results latter.

As I thought, according to Tire Rack the Pirelli's rock.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Zero+Nero+M&S

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...odel=PZero+Nero

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...iSportContact+2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...iExtremeContact

Here is the thread link: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32036

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.