Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Any Nascar fans out there? Post Up...

37K views 229 replies 22 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
[welcome]

I looked for a Nascar thread but couldn't find anything. Hopefully there's enough fans on here to make this a fun ongoing thread.

I'll start by stating AJ Allmindinger is a DUMB[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! He ruined his career and a Penske ride all bc he wanted to take prescription speed medication that's cleary against the rules & he knew so! You'd a thought he would have had a little more respect for the sport and learned my that idiot Jeremy Mayfields mistakes.

Went to the Brickyard last Sunday and it was AWESOME, really a great race! Johnson dominated and is now a 4 time Brickyard champion. I'm not personally a "five time" fan but you gotta give the guy respect, bc he's talented as hell, a class act and great for the sport.

Dale Jr's in the points lead for the 1st time since 10/2004 (GO JR NATION), now he just needs to win a couple more races and hopefully he'll win the championship! If not him maybe Smoke will repeat?

Anyone going to the Bristol Night Race on 8/25? Will be my 3rd year in a row and THE best place to watch a live Nascar race; IMO of course. Hopefully my man Tony "smoke" Stewart pulls out a win at Bristol! That'll make my Bistol 2012 weekend all the more better!

So let's hear from all you Nascar fans...

See less See more
#149 ·
nice [thumb]

but really. he didn't say anything wrong. And everyone knows that these cars are unpassable, just look at the daytona race. it was boring. all he really said was that they were back to wear they started with the gen 5 car and it will improve...c'mon NASCAR.

#153 ·
Kyle Busch, got Bristol yesterday & on the pole today. Lets see if he can get it done today. 2 groove track. Pass on the bottom= you need your car set up for middle & off the corner to get it done. Bummer 'bout Danica, starting 43rd.

#168 ·
And I was just about ready to skip watching the race because I thought it was going to be another boring cookie cutter race. That racing was even better than Bristol. What an ending too; I just hope Denny is OK.

#169 ·
Awesome race. I never watch those races because they always end up being boring fuel mileage race but it was great. Shoutout to ford for making awesome engines. Logan was pushing water like crazy.

As for tony Stewart, he was blocked and nothing was wrong with it. Idk why he's complaining. Logano didn't take out the field or anything like tony did at Talladega. Logan deserved the win and I'll be watching him throughout the season. Good job to all the Fords, Congrats to Busch, and glad to see Hamlin is still with us. A real testament to these cars.

#179 ·
Awesome race. I never watch those races because they always end up being boring fuel mileage race but it was great. Shoutout to ford for making awesome engines. Logan was pushing water like crazy.

As for tony Stewart, he was blocked and nothing was wrong with it. Idk why he's complaining. Logano didn't take out the field or anything like tony did at Talladega. Logan deserved the win and I'll be watching him throughout the season. Good job to all the Fords, Congrats to Busch, and glad to see Hamlin is still with us. A real testament to these cars.
Disclaimer/I like Tony Stewart/Not a fan of Logano

I was at the Talladega race when Tony took out the field, and I'm just shaking my head while he's going off about Joey's move. A move most drivers would have made. I believe Tony cost Michael Waltrip another restrictor plate win, as Waltrip appeared to have setup the draft timing perfectly to pull a win at the finish.

#170 ·
Stewart should really keep his mouth shut. Especially when he's been guilty of the same thing time and again. He's admitted it many times, and gives a lame apology. They local radio station played a clip of his whining. They said it sounds just like Barney Fife. I agree.

#172 ·
Bristol, Here we come. Any takers, on the win? Come on I said the last 2. You want me to say Busch? Which one= either or both are good there. Maybe Kurt, huh

#174 ·
It's Martinville in two weeks after a break this weekend.
Yeh, your right it is Brisol, then on to Texas= Yipeee
My pick is probably anyone from the Hendrick camp. They are always good there.
Always love the fish bowls!!!!!!

#180 ·
How 'bout the finds & penalty's that Penske racing got. Thats bad enough then nascar to out not just the crew chief, but the car engineer & another guy. Wow! IK what they did, but wow. Guess nascar is sending a message to everone, Don't mess w/ the gen 6 cars.

#181 ·
I'm okay with the fines as for the most part, they appear to be applied pretty evenly through the years. Including a couple of times to the 48 team. No doubt they're being very protective towards the new car. From what I've seen so far, it appears that it's going to be very successful, however, I'm holding off on judgement at the plate races - Daytona was boring to watch. But that was their first race (points) and drivers were being very cautious.

#182 ·
question is, what was the problem? It's kind of ironic that this team has been the hottest on the media as of late, now they're getting penalties for something that they won't release to the media. seems fishy to me.

#184 ·
Basicley what they did was slot the mounts or rear axle brackets just a tad bit, so they can slew the axle over, like they were allowed in '12. Move the axle forward on the pass side & back on the drivers side on the trailing arms, gives more bite in & out of the corners. Remember last yr when the cars were crab walking on the straights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.