Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2008-2011 Picture Thread!!

2M views 9K replies 317 participants last post by  bwiren13 
#1 ·
Didn't see one of these yet. I just bought mine but havn't actually taken delivery of it yet. It is a 2011 SES 4door in Blue Flame Metallic with the lighter interior. I'll be sure to update my post with pictures when I get it. When you post put your mods before your first picture so we know what you have done. Look forward to seeing everyone's car's and am really looking forward to actually getting my car!!

#5,043 ·
Some 09 people have found they have the valve stem type.
I sold my stock wheels and tires with the sensors in them and drove around with my aftermarket wheels without sensors for about 8 months before getting the sensors finally. They can be bought from tousley ford. You can have any tire shop install them then go to the ford dealer service bay and they will activate them for free. The calibration process takes them less than 45 seconds.

you may have the valve stem style sensor though. You really can't tell unless you have a tire removed

#5,044 ·
Tight Dude, I was wondering about valve stem vs bands because a member on here said he tried to upgrade to the stem but the garage that tried to put them on said they wouldn't communicate with the car, but since Ford just has to calibrate them I think I am going to upgrade to valve stem. Thanks Man!

#5,049 ·
Yes because they will be able to install them when they install the tires. And tousley has them for $50.66 each. you will also need the stem rebuild kit for each wheel. its only like $7

The band style sensors are $71.74 each and you will need the mounting straps which are $31.61 each and are specific to wheel size

#5,054 ·
PSurivie you the man! lol sorry just throwing that out there. I'd for a management test I have in 30 mins and the redbull and adderall has got me very talkitive and noone is here yet to discuss the test with so im wearing ff out haha
Just wanted to Rep you though because your always helping out!

#5,063 ·
Wanna see what happens when it starts hailing and the garage is full?

f hail by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Luckily the hail wasn't big enough to cause any damage and the wind blew everything the eave wasn't stopping over the car. Still I was a little freaked after only having the car for about a month and seeing it get hailed on. [eek]

#5,064 ·
lol nice going. btw i think they should have made the ses in that color. looks good

#5,069 ·
ALL MICHIGAN PEOPLE! Looking to get a car for my sister, she likes something in style and not "ugly" lol. NEEDS to have less than 90,000 miles and be CLEAN. let me know what you guys have...

ThANKS!

#5,073 ·
thanks guys. i was going for that function over form deal. i just wish i had projectors to match the switchbacks now lol. h&r sports are def the way to go btw if you can't afford coilovers.

#5,076 ·
thanks guys. i was going for that function over form deal. i just wish i had projectors to match the switchbacks now lol. h&r sports are def the way to go btw if you can't afford coilovers.
i bought the frpp kit just have no way to install it:( the wiring in my garage sucks, air compressor keeps tripping the breaker! any thoughts on an electric impact gun? and i agree with the switchback/projector combo:) it is pretty sweet that they are both 6k in color, it should pretty much be mandatory (my HID kit is 6k also to complete the look!)

#5,075 ·
40 bucks shipped. you can find that price on ebay. just type in 08 focus switchbacks. shipping was fast too. said three days only took two lol. they had a sale going on also but i think that sale is over?

#5,077 ·
An electric impact will work. But you really don't need an impact gun. Simple tools and a torque wrench. I made a how to on it and there's another one called extensive suspension overhaul if you type it in the search bar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.