Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Possible to add nav to my ford touch without nav

13K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  stang7043 
#1 ·
If you buy the MFT without NAV can you get it later? Thanks

#2 ·
Ford says no, and its pretty much impossible short of taking an already activated system from a wrecked car, Ford won't let the dealers use the ids tool to enable things that were not on that vehicle when it was built (its all vin based).

#3 ·
Dang, is it possible to get the screen of the iPhone maps up on the screen? Sorry for all the noob questions. Google and YouTube only get me so far.

#21 ·
Hey, Kenpo_zx3 -

Did you purchase yet? Red and black interior sounds hot!

To answer your question, you cannot transmit map data from your phone to the MyFord Touch system, however, when your vehicle's in park, you can watch videos or hook up a game system using the Audio/Video inputs. The jacks are located behind a small access door on the instrument panel or in the center console.

I have 3.0.2 and I'm pretty happy with my MFT Nav
MFT has it's climate command quirks and sometimes my ipod but Nav has worked flawlessly for the 2200 miles and 1 month I've been using it.
I will be doing the update soon to see if it improves the other things however.
Go for the nav, have it all together in one place and it looks a lot cleaner
This is great to hear, Phokus! The 3.2.2 and 3.5.1 updates address concerns with climate control. Because your vehicle is equipped with navigation, you'll receive a new SD card (A4). I recommend setting up an appointment with your dealership to have this performed.

suss6052 is a wealth of knowledge, but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

#4 ·
I found a nice black titanium with red and black interior with MFT in my price range but no nav just wondering if I would miss not getting it.

#5 ·
I use a Tom Tom. It was less than $200 and comes with free lifetime quarterly maps and live traffic updates. You can update it when you want, it'll never hang your mft and will likely always run reliably. Personally I think until nav built into a car can match those points it's nearly pointless to buy in, especially with the instability of mft.

#6 ·
I have 3.0.2 and I'm pretty happy with my MFT Nav
MFT has it's climate command quirks and sometimes my ipod but Nav has worked flawlessly for the 2200 miles and 1 month I've been using it.

I will be doing the update soon to see if it improves the other things however.

Go for the nav, have it all together in one place and it looks a lot cleaner

#9 ·
I looked those up. Sure enough it does list the head into with nav. I may have to dig into this a little bit.

Thanks for the other responses too.

#11 ·
Haha it's all yours. I still need to find me a foci first. I may just make myself hold out till I find one with the right package for the right price.

#13 ·
This makes sense! I knew there would be a catch to it. Thanks for the input!
A dealer looking for me found a titanium with nav for me but no leather seats. It's in my range but I wonder if it is worth giving up the leather seats. What do you guys think? Go with the one with the nice two tone leather with MFT and no nav or cloth with nav. Or just wait to find both in my range?

#17 ·
I never believed in the NAV systems car companies provide. They are never updated as quickly as I would like and you are limited on the information it provides. (corrections and POI's are always outdated). I simply purchased a Pro Mount located by the passenger vent, use my Google Nexus phone with Waze to view up to the second traffic conditions and up to the second POI's. Currently Waze is available with Gas Station prices displayed if you enable it. They are always updating the software and all of this for free!

#22 ·
Ford Team- I pick up the black titanium with the two tone seats tomorrow. It has everything I wanted but no Nav. It is a CPO and the price was good so I gave up the Nav.

#23 ·
Moved to "Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics"

#25 ·
So I stumbled across this thread researching NAV and my 2013 focus. I was curious if the people that were ordering the display units from http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi if they ever received their units and if they worked. Also is this unlimited NAV or like sync services does this option expire where you have to renew the services every few yrs. When I purchased my car I was adamant about having navigation. The sales person assured me there was. Well he was talking about the crappy TBT and I was talking about the actual nav software/package. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.