Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hill Start Assist Question

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pozi240 
#1 ·
Do all the 2012 DCTs have Hill Start Assist? I thought I read that somewhere. I don't know if I have it or not.

Today when I went into the menus to turn off traction control I noticed that I don't have the Hill Assist menu option as shown in the manual. So, I'm assuming I don't have it. But, everywhere I read about it talks about it being standard equipment. I live in a flat area (Texas) so I haven't had occasion to use it if I did have it.

#3 ·
Do all the 2012 DCTs have Hill Start Assist? I thought I read that somewhere. I don't know if I have it or not...
The manual is wrong, its not a menu option as shown in the manual. Its always turned on on vehicles with the DCT, you can't disable it via the menus like its shown in the manual.
Hey folks!

Hopefully I can clear up your questions about Hill Start Assist. First of all, yes, all 2012 DCT-equipped vehicles will have Hill Start Assist. Secondly, you should be able to turn Hill Start Assist off or on using the menu system. Please refer to page 20 of your Owner's Manual (5th Printing) for further information. You can download a copy of your Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'm happy to help!

Crystal [wave]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.