Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Driver info display

4K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  FocusOnMeNow 
#1 ·
Was watching a YouTube of a Euro Focus and noticed that they have this 4-way split in the driver display

I wish we had this on the North American version. It could be bigger, I don't have to look at the car pictogram unless something changes such as a door opening.

See less See more
#5 ·
Seems the Euro version of the Focus is the bomb. Like they have the adaptive Cruise control and collision warning where it alerts you if detects the car ahead is braking hard, HID Headlights, Lane Departure warning, Driver fatigue monitor & Electronic Blind spot sensors .

Wonder why the European version gets those features and ours doesn't. Bummed!

#8 ·
Because over there a compact like the Focus is more akin to a full-size like the Taurus here. They don't have the kind of room we do and you don't see big cars there, so it's not uncommon to see a $30,000+ compact decked out with all the bells and whistles.

Basically, MOST American buyers aren't going to spend the over $30k for a decked out Focus, so they leave out a lot of the extra features.

Although the 4 way split in the cluster LCD is cool, don't know why things like that aren't standard across the globe.

#6 ·
Yeah, I saw this display on a video review of the ST. It sure would be nice if we had it on our normal Focus. Their temp gauge also is labeled with actual temperatures. I wonder if it is a real linear gauge.

Alan

#11 ·
Mine is a slightly different iteration when km's are selected. German built for Australia.

#12 ·
It would be cool to figure out how to enable those features on our car. Im sure its capable of most of them. The Ti's have the front Sonar so that should be all you need for lane departure, collision avoidance. The quad display as well.

#16 ·
It is a world car. It's the same car, but features will vary. This is to be expected. But it's not a different body style or a different name, it's still the same Focus.

International wants/needs vary from our own. They have more incentive to buy cars with more bells and whistles like I stated, because most countries don't want to drive boats around and don't need to, not to mention don't have the room to. Only in America do people want cars so big.

So why don't we have collision avoidance, lane change assist, adaptive cruise control, etc? Because this is a Focus in the USA and American buyers aren't going to spend the money on a compact sedan with all of those features when they can spend the same money on a bigger car. That's just the typical American mindset, bigger is better. Several years from now you may just see features like that, because Americans are finally getting the point that smaller is more efficient and efficiency is a big deal when gas fluctuates between $3-4 a gallon.

It's most certainly a world car, and different features doesn't change that fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.