Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hello im rick, im new here.

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  replica81 
#1 ·
i was talking to my cuzzin, about my focus and i ask him, were i could get some info on a "turbo system" id like to buld for my car. he said to check you guys out. so here i am. i want to put a tri turbo set-up on my focus. 2 little turbos witch power one big 1, like a truck turbo. they have the same set-up on a disel engine, so i was hoping, could i do that on my focus and what all was in invalved? SORRY FOR SPELLING.

heres my focus,

id also like to put a body kit on, so if you could give info on how, and what would be invalved?

See less See more
#3 ·
multi turbo setup on a focus? Waste of money. 1 turbo is sufficient.

Installing a body kit is usually not a diy job since it involves painting. The fact that you are asking what is all involved tells me you are not qualified to do the work yourself unless you don't mind it looking like garbage. I suggest calling up some reputable body shops in your area and getting quotes on labor. Fiberglass kits will most definitely require additional labor to fit properly.

#4 ·
Welcome to FF.

1. Download Google Chrome. It will spell check misspelled words automatically for you. It's 2013, no excuse for poor grammar and spelling skills. Not trying to be a prick about it.

2. Purchase turbo from FSWerks. You're in PA, so have McNews dyno-tune your setup.

3. 3D Carbon makes a nice lip kit for your "bodykit" needs.

If none of what I said just made sense, Google search is your friend! :)

Hope this helps you and and happy modding!

#5 ·
I'm not going to touch the turbo side of your question because I don't know much about them.

For the body kit, my advice would be to wait. If you put one on your car now with those wheels, the stock ride height, and all that chrome, it would simply look foolish. My advice would be to start with the little stuff like painting or plastidipping over the chrome grill and side vents and doing something with the headlights. Wheels are another area that can make a world of difference without but labor or skill.

You could also try painting part of the side mirrors and door handles. It will not only look better, but they would be good places to practice automotive painting which will be a very valuable skill when you are ready to install a body kit.

Work yourself up slowly so you can build the skills you need for larger project, and so you can mold your car more inline with you future vision before there's no turning back. There are a lot of simple mods floating around this forum and over the internet, try your hand at some of the ones you like and go from there.

Welcome to FF and happy modding

#7 ·
and yes i have a spelling problem i have lerning disability but that doesnt give you the right to tell me that i know of google im on a chrome book right now but the reson im here is for my focus thats all i got to say about that now back to my car

#8 ·
There's really not much need for more than one turbo. With a properly matched size turbo, there isn't a need for a turbo to spool a turbo, to spool another turbo. I can't even imagine how to get three turbos on the car, perhaps one turbo manifold and then mount them down the exhaust? And then all the plumbing? Crazy. Also, more turbos doesn't mean more power.

Anyway, a nice kit like this should be more than enough to have some fun.

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...-2-0l-duratec-stage-1-2-intercooled-2008-2011

#13 ·
You're already difrent and neet.

How deep are your pockets? A multi-turbo setup will be custom, so you will either have to shell out a lot of money for a fabricator to create all the necessary plumbing or learn how to do it yourself. Still, the three turbos will set you back quite a bit monetarily, and I'm not sure where you are going to find the room to mount them. Quite frankly, it's just a really bad idea.

#10 ·
Welcome to FF.

If you want to learn more about turbos for your Focus check out our Forced Induction & Ecoboost section------>http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44 The people that frequent that section have a lot of knowledge and can lead you in the right direction.

Also, I second the 3D Carbon kit. It would look perfect on your car.

#12 ·
i was talking to my cuzzin, about my focus and i ask him, were i could get some info on a "turbo system" id like to buld for my car. he said to check you guys out. so here i am. i want to put a tri turbo set-up on my focus. 2 little turbos witch power one big 1, like a truck turbo. they have the same set-up on a disel engine, so i was hoping, could i do that on my focus and what all was in invalved? SORRY FOR SPELLING.

And if u are, im 100% sure ur never going to do it, sorry man. If u want to go fast 1 turbo is enough for that lil engine. If u want to be unique then go for it but be ready to spend a lot of money

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.