• None of the Above

Votes: 7 25.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFocalize Needs Leadership

8K views 108 replies 20 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 ·
Okay.

So, Matt, Chuck and I came together and discussed TeamFocalize and the aim of where the team will go with this.

I have decided to help TeamFocalize get off the ground and get us together as group.

But first we need to have a collaborate decision on who is to become the official head to get us together and help keep all of the ideas organized.

So, lets vote on this and get the team on the move.

-Ray-

#30 ·
good luck, guys..... and.... Damn! I am glad to be in Ohio..... seriously, though...in order to NOT fracture your organization, maybe you should have a vote to see if leadership is wanted/ desired. If so, continue on, if not, then subdivide. Not everyone will want an active organization, and has to honest with themselves if they want to either form an additional group, or just maintain the status quo. The easiest way to breakup your "team" is to to force unwanted organization on your members. Your team was meant to serve all originally, right? Man up, and do this the hard way.... shortcuts will lead to hard feelings and disaster.

#31 ·
You know. IMO i think we should have a get together and decide on what we want to do. If we actually want a leader. If we do want a leader we should have other roles for some of the members so that they don't feel left out. It may cause a lot of hate among the crew if we only have one guy in charge and nobody else. That what i would say we do.

One guy to organize our next car meets.
one guy to organize little get together's.
Another one to Run the website and everything.

Those are just examples but something like that would probably be better. Cause just having one position in our crew would probably bring it down.

Thought i would throw my opinion out there [;)]

And if i was still able to vote. I would say ray.

-Austin-

#32 ·
I hear everyone's concern.

It has been brought up before as who is putting a meet together, who has a good idea on doing what and where, what will we be doing for any up coming shows or races AND where are we going with the next step as a crew.

YES, I decided to sit down with Matt and Chuck because yes they agree ... they are not leadership material.

I decided instead of forcing leadership on you, I decided to put on a poll. Think of it as a mutual respect to let you, the members and crew of Houston, feel as if you made a difference in deciding who will help become the main organizer for the crew. In NO WAY will the person who is the leader force anything down your throats or make you pay for something you don't want to do.

I, YES I, wanted to take the reigns from Matt and Chuck and steer us in a direction that will benefit all of us of the Houston FF Crew and bring together a sense of a team. We are not fully official and yes I have been opposed the TeamFocalize in the past.

But, after seeing some of the crews around me and seeing Austin's crew, I thought it would be great to unite the Houston Crew as one team both from FF and FJ.

Myself and Paul at the beginning have talked about seeing a nice large crew come out of Houston and now that we have such a great large member base, I felt it was time to unite us under one name, one banner and one goal ... to put all FORD drivers together with no hatred, no bashing (except for on Chuck [:p]) and no boundaries that will make you guys not want to be apart of a team.

I have been apart of many teams and yes I have been there where I felt like the team was very biased and very picky of their members.

YOU GUYS KNOW ME ... I am not one to segregate the crew or separate us because one member doesn't want to race, one member doesn't want to show or one member doesn't have enough invested in his/her ride. I love pulling people together and showing others that there is a team that can unite, enjoy and give everyone a chance to shine in their own right and have the support of a team.

That's my goal with us and I would love all of your support to move forward with this.

NOW, I decided to let the name TeamFocalize stand because it has already been established in the Import Show scene ... so why not run with it and make it better and stronger.

I wanted to have the team up for 2 groups ... One team that Shows and One team that Goes ... There are few of you that do both and that's great. Myself at the moment I will be on the Goes Team.

More ...

-Ray-

#33 ·
What this leadership will do is combine everyone's ideas and help come to a final decision and be the one to execute said decision.

As a team leader, I would hear everyone's thoughts and ideas and look at it in a big picture and help make that idea or thought a reality for the team.

NO LEADER STANDS ALONE!!!

As a leader, I definitely wouldn't want that person to dictate the team. I would want that person to be one to hear all of our ideas.

There will be some of you guys that would be great at organizing a particular event or helping design our banner or helping figure out a booth that we stand behind or figuring out who will be doing our next race.

Again, I want to see us move forward and I will, leader or not, make sure we will stand together and make the team as fun and mutually even as possible.

I am not hear to yell, curse or look down upon any of you. I respect you all and enjoy all of your friendship. I just wanted us to have a person that will take the lead and give us a place to have fun at and enjoy each others company.

-Ray-

#34 ·
Dam. I must say Ray for president in 2012 lmao [histerical]

But he does bring up a lot of good points. I remember the last truck group that i was in and im sure Travis (71shadow) remembers but that group was very one sided and only liked certain members and would talk shit about the rest. So i'm down for a good group but i know we won't go like that from what i have seen form the roundup. THis team is stuck together lol [:)]

-Austin-

#35 ·
I've been in the loop with Ray about this and we're ok with having a Team Focalize under the Focus Fanatics umbrella. The reason we believe there is a need for a “Team Focalize” instead of a “Team Focus Fanatics” is the potential to open this group to other Makes and Models(IE Fiesta, Mustangs, etc.) as well.

Basically at this point Ray started this poll as a way to get everyone's involvement in electing a primary decision maker, one that reports to FF in terms of creating new events and functions.

Right now there seems to be a collective interest in having a team to represent Focus Fanatics & Compact Car Owners in the Houston areas, however no one has really stepped up to assume this leadership role. He also wanted this process to be as fair as possible so everyone will get the opportunity to voice their opinions while casting their votes. Once this poll has been finalized, this will be the person that FF recognizes as Team President and the one to oversee this group.

Since most events are going to be organized on Focus Fanatics there’s no need for anyone to feel obligated to join in order to attend events. Everyone on Focus Fanatics as well as other sites are welcomed to come to any of these events.

Hopefully this will clear up any misunderstanding as well as address some of the underlying questions.

So here are some of the goals that Ray and I spoke about.

1) Establish a clear leader of this group.
2) Elect officers to perform certain duties and tasks.
3) Operate as team under the Focus Fanatics umbrella in establishing and attending local events.
4) Work with Focus Fanatics in recruiting new members.

#38 ·
TF Show-ers (not showers) and TF Goers!

And I am all on board for having Ray as a leader of TF. Me throwing that "Goldi 4 Prez" comment was partly joking, but mostly serious in that I do want to help push this team to the next level. That said, most of the time I just keep to myself because I do still feel like one of the new guys.

I'm not only new to the Focus scene, but the Import and Car scene in general. But I want this team to grow because I want more people with the mentality of this community of people. I have been going around, feeling out other meets and checking out stuff around town, but nothing comes close to what the Houston Focus crew has.

And there is nobody up North dammit (Chuck)! I mean we have the folks up here, me and Zab, occasionally Chapa and sometimes White Chuck. But rarely do we have opportunities to get together like people closer to the city. So a part of wanting to grow is to have more people to just hang with, maybe even start organizing weekly or bi-weekly meets. Instead of just seeing everyone once a month and Zab when I have problems with Goldi.

And coming back to the personality of this community, I honestly don't care if a guy or girl drives a Suzuki Swift, if he or she is as helpful, generous, accepting or hilarious as everyone else here has been, I say let the mofo run with the fofos!

And that's all I got for now.

#40 ·
I know this is totally against the direction y'all want but I kinda always saw the Focalize thing kind of being like a regional thing. But this is how I see it since I come from WestSide Mustangs, because when everyone is close they are a lot more willing to have meets and events that are local to all of them. It does suck that there isn't 1/100th of Focus representation as there is for Mustangs.

I don't much care for clubs that make me ALWAYS go out of my way for everything, so I've always been big on local clubs.

One last note, I think it's kinda silly to think everyone would be trying to split off. I still have more FocusFanatics stickers on my car haha. BTW, Tom I need more!! They are rotting off!!!

#41 ·
Well one thing I do like is we have come to realize that Houston is huge and trying to stay in one area of Houston isn't really practical.

Plus, we all love to drive so, a bit of a small City Road trip never hurts any of us.

If we didn't have a way of getting to a place, we are all good people to be able to give one another a good car pool between meet locations.

Of all of the crews I have been around, our Focus Houston crew is probably the most generous and forgiving group of the bunch to each other.

I pride on telling that to friends who have their crews around Houston.

-Ray-

#46 ·
Vote cast. I think many good points have been brought up. And i think that with a leader and several officers for diff functions as mentioned earlier that would cover all you guys in the poll allowing each to serve a role and help move the group in a positive direction. Being one of the newest members and just getting into modding my Focus i haven't had a chance to meet any of you guys but i like what i see so far. I hope to get the chance soon to attend one of the get togethers to share, learn and help in whatever way possible. And not forget; DAMMIT CHUCK!

-Donald

#51 ·
I will be closing this poll tomorrow evening and would like to start getting some ideas of whom can help for the beginning stages and what ways we can start to turn our gathered group into an organized and strong team/crew ... friendship. That will take the car scene by a different kind of force that will aim at the shows, the AutoX Races and the 1/4 mile track (thinking of you Paul) [;)]

So, When the poll ends we will start building and getting together.

BTW, keep your calendars open for May 7th, 2011 ... I believe I will be making the post for that day ... a saturday ... to do a meet. Meet and greet the new guys and have a little fun with everyone.

-Ray-

#57 ·
I will be closing this poll tomorrow evening and would like to start getting some ideas of whom can help for the beginning stages and what ways we can start to turn our gathered group into an organized and strong team/crew ... friendship. That will take the car scene by a different kind of force that will aim at the shows, the AutoX Races and the 1/4 mile track (thinking of you Paul) [;)]

So, When the poll ends we will start building and getting together.

BTW, keep your calendars open for May 7th, 2011 ... I believe I will be making the post for that day ... a saturday ... to do a meet. Meet and greet the new guys and have a little fun with everyone.

-Ray-

Me likey that [burnout] [race] [clap] [:eek:)]

#54 ·
Whose all going to Laps for Charity?

I remember that day was that ... but I know I am not going to be able to make that.

And since it's still pretty close to the TX Round Up, I didn't think we were going to be able to make this one as a team. They do it twice a year ... so we may be able to do the the September one with Joe and the Dallas crew.

-Ray-

#59 ·
Nope. If there was another Round Up coming up ... trust me it would have had it's own thread and we have been posted at least 2 months in advance.

After talking to Ray a bit, we are different than most car groups. ... The whole Team Focalize thing is an excellent idea. The slightly less Focus oriented name would easily open the door to get people outside of the Focus family. If someone new comes to a Team Focalize meeting and sees that we're all out there to enjoy each other and our common interests, they're way more likely to come back.
Thanks for seeing it Rus. Yes, this is what I believe we have the potential to do. And after tonight ... we will begin to move forward with this in mind.

Me likey that [burnout] [race] [clap] [:eek:)]
I knew you would like that ... definitely a place I believe you can contribute in Paul.

I'm down for a meet and greet on the 7th [:)] I don't think my debit card would survive another road trip in my truck unless. my car come's in :D lmao. Plus driving long distances in the truck is not an option right now. Suspension is in total chaos right now
Dammit Chuck
^^ LOL ^^ ... glad to have you and your GF on board with hanging Austin.

Look forward to meeting up with you again.

-Ray-

#56 ·
After talking to Ray a bit, we are different than most car groups. We certainly all get along better. Has anyone looked at HI recently? Sticking together and getting along is what makes people awesome!

The whole Team Focalize thing is an excellent idea. The slightly less Focus oriented name would easily open the door to get people outside of the Focus family. If someone new comes to a Team Focalize meeting and sees that we're all out there to enjoy each other and our common interests, they're way more likely to come back. I personally have seen the groups that are sub-cliqued like 50 times, and I really am surprised anyone even hangs with that kind of group.

I am probably making no sense since it is late, but heck- Let's make a car group that works! Team Focalize already has a great start with us Houston guys as a base [race]

#58 ·
I'm down for a meet and greet on the 7th [:)] I don't think my debit card would survive another road trip in my truck unless. my car come's in :D lmao. Plus driving long distances in the truck is not an option right now. Suspension is in total chaos right now
Dammit Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.