Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2 Step makes my car freak out

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  mikebontoft 
#1 ·
So i installed the 2 step in my car with the sct x3. i set it to 3500rpm, go to test it out. it works but once i shift, the car freaks out. brings the revs down to 4000rpm jerks like crazy. then once the speed of the car gets to 4k rpm it lets me go past but is still jerky. tried a couple more times but took it off.
Any one know what i have to do to use this. Would help durring drag racing this summer.

#6 ·
Is the car a manual transmission?
If not, that's the problem.

If it is, make sure your clutch switch and cruise switch are not bypassed.
For the 2-step to work, the clutch must be fully released and both switches must be working.

But that's all assuming whomever programmed the X3 did the tune/options correctly. May want to contact them.

Oh and, remove the link from your signature line.

#13 ·
im betting that one of a few things is going on and its tune related im afraid. tom probably forgot to actually turn the 2 step on in the tune OR your ecu just doesnt like it for some reason. i have the same issue, that is to say my ecu doesnt like it. 2 step is a neutral rev limiter that only works while the car is in neutral and sitting still. once the car starts moving the neutral rev limiter is supposed to go back to match the drive rev limiter. your car ecu wont let the neutral rev limiter switch to match the drive rev limiter so every time you shift and push the clutch in (which is the same as going into neutral as far as the ecu is concerned) the neutral rev limiter tries to kick in.

so this might either be a simple mistake on tom's part or your ecu might simply not like 2 step and you will have to do without or change ecus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.