Focus Fanatics Forum banner

03 V6 Chrysler 300 vs 160whp Focus?

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  A853 
#1 ·
My home boy just picked one up and he already called me out. I still got 8 months on this deployment, so its going to be a while. I think I have the advantage: stock weight, lsd, mtx, 160whp, pretty good driver. Him: auto, lots of weight. He did say he got the car side ways pretty eazy when he first looked at the car. That got me wondering

#2 ·
The V6 300 is heavy as shit......also ugly as hell IMO

#4 ·
Unless he's modded, you've got him. That's the previous-gen 300, and that 4-speed auto was *NOT* tuned for any kind of performance. Even with 250hp, that car is ~3600lbs, and that's about half a ton more than any FoFo. 0-60 is timed at low to mid-8s, so you should pretty much own him with a ~160whp mtx Focus.

I've already taken down the newer 3.5L 300 model in my bone stock '08 Focus, so you'll have no problem wiping that thing all over the place.

#9 ·
Ive had a 2007 300 for about 2 weeks now as a rental car...its a turd.

though, it can be powerbraked to provide a fairly decent launch, but after that, it is slow as balls.

not even worth your gas in my opinion.

#12 ·
Thread from the dead. Yeah, I only brought this back because I saw all the crap talking going on...Well, my fiance drives a '99 Chrysler 300M auto 4speed and I ran it a few times at the 1/4 mile track for the hell of it. Only mods were removing the FULL SIZE 17" CHROME SPARE TIRE and the back seat. I ran consistent 15.6's @ 90-91mph. That car would be perfect for bracket because every run was within 3/10ths of each other. You guys are right about the gearing though, first gear goes to like 46mph or something ridiculous. But I don't think most Foci are just gonna stomp on something that runs that quick. I've knocked out my fair share of integras and mazda 6's in the "Corporate Cruiser" [shhh]

EDIT: However, the newer 300 ...that thing does weigh quite a bit more than the one my fiance drives if I remember correctly.

#14 ·
Hmmm... I've never seen a chrome spare tire before... how do you get air into it???

#15 ·
roflwaffle... 17" is small for a tire.. even on a focus... would look like a skittle on a power wheel if the 300M had that on ...

#17 ·
honestly isnt the stock zetec around a high 14 second car? correct me if i'm wrong..

besides this jsut in 15.6 @90-91 mph is NOT fast. fail on sayings its a fast car.

#22 ·
Did i say it was fast? Learn how to read a post. There's not even a mention of it being "FAST". But, it is a lot faster than most of the times i've seen posted on here for naturally aspirated foci with bolt-ons. 14 second stock zetec? [rolleyes] You comment on a car you don't own, and you can't spew out factual statements on your own car. Wow.[xx(]

By the way, what has your car ran in the 1/4 mile when it was stock?

My point was, this car was quicker than I expected for a 3600lb+ car with a 4speed auto.

#24 ·
Good call. Even with mods, that car is HOPING for a shot in the 15's. Unless its FI or nitrous.

#19 ·
ok so i was wrong there. but still not fast. and not much faster than us.
(it wouldnt take much to knock a couple of seconds off that time,lol.)

#23 ·
So if that's not "fast", and you just admitted your time is slower, what does that make your car?[8]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.