Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Stock Throttle Body V.S. CFM 67MM

23K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  edfender 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this install and is it worth the money to do with it going from a stock 65 to a 67 just curious and am in consideration of new ones. Thanks for the help

#2 · (Edited)
I just went from a OEM TB to a Focus Central 65mm TB and it is night and day.

I gained 2.4 WHP and 7 ft-lbs TQ. I actually have a 18 ft-lb TQ gain in the midband@4750 RPM it's 10 ft-lbs(where it matters).

I just had my cam gears adjusted on the dyno this past Saturday. It was a good investment as well. Now I sit at 133 whp and, 126 ft-lbs TQ.

#9 ·
I just went from a OEM TB to a Focus Central 65mm TB and it is night and day.

I gained 2.4 WHP and 7 ft-lbs TQ. I actually have a 8 ft-lb TQ gain in the midband@4750 RPM it's 10 ft-lbs(where it matters).

I just had my cam gears adjusted on the dyno this past Saturday. It was a good investment as well. Now I sit at 133 whp and, 126 ft-lbs TQ.
I dont think anyone has proven gains with this... Just better response... If u saw gains maybe it was dynoed on a diff day, colder car, other or with mods installed

#7 ·
Threads Merged and reopened

And to the OP the bigger TB is great for throttle response however won't result in much HP gain. I installed a 65mm on my Zetec Auto, it was the BEST mod I ever did.

#8 ·
No, you'd have to replace the whole intake system to see any noticeable gains. Manifold, TB, and Intake. Then you might see 2hp gain from a 67MM TB vs Stock. It isn't like a Fox Body going from a 65mm to a 105mm. Our manifold is the most restrictive part of our intake system and they even did a good job with DSM.

#12 ·
I recently installed the BBK 66mm unit and regardless of the debate in power gains I would recommend this to everyone. Throttle response is so much better at all rpms, the car just feels more willing to go. Not to mention that the stock throttle body is so poorly designed the inside flap is thick and curved Restricting airflow.

If you don't want to pay 250 for a CFM goto eBay and buy the 66mm SVT focus throttle body from BBK it is posted as a buy it now for 250 or there is an option to make an offer. Both sellers that have the make an offer option accepted offers for 200.

#14 ·
Thanks for the responses guys and thank you to whomever it was that merged the threads couldnt delete the one I didnt mean to post. I have a friend that is looking into just half shafting the stock throttle body or else some other modification may be in order I will update everyone when I am done with it. I know that there is really no HP gain with a larger one and am just looking for something with a little bit better throttle response for the FWD Rallys I have been competing in.

#16 ·
When you push on the gas pedal you get what feels like a better response. Less delay when accelerating. I've had mine on for years and def recommend it. It's kinda one of those mods that when you install, your like, it should have came like this from the factory.

#22 ·
Note: Stock Svt Throttle body is 63mm.

Stock SVT exhaust is 2.28"

Ok Your throttle responce will be greatly improved! the 2-4mm increase in bore, It has not proven or disproven to gain or stay the same in power. If your engine is Forced induction then you will see a better power gain with a larger throttle body.

Another option is porting your stock SVT throttle body. Some say they have the same gains as a 65-67mm tb. but I dont trust doing that kinda stuff myself.

In the end It makes your car that much funner to drive, and you get from 0-60 a little faster.

#28 ·
Another option is porting your stock SVT throttle body. Some say they have the same gains as a 65-67mm tb. but I dont trust doing that kinda stuff myself.

In the end It makes your car that much funner to drive, and you get from 0-60 a little faster.
Porting the SVT TB does nothing , waste of time and money , to add a TB in my opinion is well worth it , Its one of the few mods for the SVT to do

Tom

#24 ·
Alright, so I finally received it in The mail. Went to Work installing, only took 35 minutes. Toughest part was attempting to reuse the existing hose clamps. My first impression was that it is a little touchy. But after testing it through the rpm range I can tell a BIG difference! Definitely worth it. IF you want to waken up the focus and make it more fun to drive, them I suggest looking into a custom tune. I have the Diablo predator with Tom's tune. THe tune paired with the new throttle body, makes the focus feel like a completely different car. But man, if you've driving on stock for a while do there two things and you'll love your car tha[cool]t much more.

#31 ·
^^ X2 on that. I got all the above except the Tune part which I am working over time towards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.