Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Top Speed Turbo Warning

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  starfuryt550 
#1 ·
I just want everyone to know that I bought a Top Speed Turbo Kit

Brand new and the turbo is blowing oil by the seals out the exhaust.

This is most likely because the Top Speed Kit sets the turbo too LOW

And does not allow for adequate oil drain. The Turbo sits 1-2 inches above the pan. Try and get a good drain from that!

I have tried calling top speed several times over the last year and NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE OR CALLS YOU BACK!

DO NOT BUY A TURBO KIT FROM TOP SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Wtf weird.... I've never heard of that from them.... Got a pic of placement?

Sent from my JailBroken iPhone.

#7 ·
What turbo are you running? Also there is a possibility that it was just a bad seal on the turbo from the manufacture.

#9 ·
That drain looks fine to me. I expect it has more to do with the oil restrictor sizing, the turbo seals, or possibly the oil weight.

#13 ·
My drain looks very similar to "cwczx3"

I have no restrictor yet. I have a -4an feed and -10AN drain

I ordered a custom fitting from Nitrous express - its 4an and will accept nitrous jets so I can try some different size restrictions.

4an is 1/4"

I will try a 3/16" first then go down if necessary.

Top Speed still does not call anyone back or answer the phone. Even if this is not their issue.

Joe

#14 ·
Not a problem on topspeed's part... other then they didn't include an oil restrictor which is kinda odd...

What turbo are you running?

This is what I ran with my gt3071r and never had an issue (its sized at .035" - 3/16 is going to be too large still)
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...oduct_Code=ATP-OIL-021&Category_Code=ATP-OIL1

Its HIGHLY suggested that you run a restrictor... you may have already destroyed the oil seals.

I also suggest you post up on focaljet and see if you get a responce from them over there.

-Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.