Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!

444K views 1K replies 509 participants last post by  MaytheFocusBeWithYou 
#1 ·
OK here is the thread for all of us who LOVE our Focus!
I go into the garage and just gaze at it.
I love driving my Focus.
It gets spectacular gas mileage! And it is so cool the way i can watch how all the things that waste gas happen.
It looks so cool!
The seats are perfect fit.. So is the steering wheel.
My Focus drives great.
Gets better as time goes on driving it is more fun... I am one HAPPY gal driving my 2012 Ford Focus!!!

And no complainers ( [screwy] ) allowed!! [goofydrunk][drinking]

#355 ·
I didn't know that! I just assumed there was. Oh pooh, I would have considered getting a manual in that case.
I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic, the manual Focus uses the MTX-75 gearbox with a foot operated clutch pedal.

The DPS6 DCT (PowerShift) transmission also uses two clutches instead of a torque converter and is mechanically similar to a traditional manual transmission but the shift actuation and the clutch engagement are managed by electric motors and sensors.

There are no torque coverters on the "Automatic" transmission equipped 2012+ Ford Focus models.

#358 ·
If you wanted to say that there was no clutch pedal in the PowerShift DPS6 DCT then this is correct, however as was previously mentioned the PowerShift transmission uses two clutch disks one for even gear changes, the other for odd gear changes, however the actuation of the clutch is done using electric motors.

There is fortunately no lossy torque converter as in conventional planetary gear based automatic transmissions including the Mazda SkyActiv 6 speed that is used with their equivilent to the 2.0L GDI used in the Focus.

A lot of people seem to think that those transmissions are similar (the new Mazda one vs the DCT, but from what I have seen as far as engineering diagrams for the Mazda make it look a lot more like a regular automatic, one that is trying to lock up the torque converter clutch a lot sooner sure, but still very much a less efficient design.

#363 ·
I loved my 2012 Ford Focus 100% until last week, when my dealer installed that infernal MyFord Touch downgrade. Now I'm trying to figure out how long I should wait to get back the properly-functioning audio system I had for the first 8 months, or if I should just forget about it and start car shopping again.

#371 ·
Just out of curiosity how did the SVT corner compared to the new Focus. Also was it as quick off the line, I know horsepower wise they were close I just don't know if there is any weight difference as that could affect acceleration.

#370 ·
I posted awhile back about how much I liked my Focus hatch, manual transmission when I first got it. Well now I've got 5000 miles on it and have taken it on a long road trip and I still think it's a great little car. I was concerned that 8 hours in the sport seats might be a bit much, but we were very comfortable and the gas mileage was great.

#373 ·
Have a great road trip, Titanium! I'm similarly heading out this Friday on my first real long trip in my FoFo, I've been on two 3 hour and one 4 hour drive. Friday and Saturday I'm driving from North Carolina to Baltimore, about 9 hours give or take. I also just had the PCM flashed so we'll see how she goes. Still lovin' this car!

#375 ·
I'm hoping to break mine in by having a drive up to Buffalo to hang with a friend and his bandmates (and try his home-brew IPA). So far, I'm in love with my Focus. :D Still discovering its quirks and nuances, always a fun thing. As my first, showroom-new car, I'm generally pretty excited and satisfied. Can't wait for the break in period to be over so I can thrash it about a bit.

#377 ·
FYI you should start driving it as you would normally now...there isn't really much of a "break-in period" needed on new cars...just make within the first 1000km, you vary your speeds all over the place as well as vary between highway and city driving [headbang]

#383 ·
I really love the look of this gen since I never was really impressed with the previous gens. This car is a huge stepup and really competes well in it's class. I love this car but I wouldn't have minded heated seats but not too much of a biggie but I wish I would have opted for the 17"s but the aftermarketmight yield a couple better choices.

Getting ready for a wash and a detailed wax and then the fog bezels will be painted and some work on the grill.

#394 ·
I just wanna throw out the fact that I've driven quite a few cars aggressively and my 2012 sel hatch handles the best. It grips the road with a more than aggressive feel that I love to play with. Mountain drives in this car are like playtime for me. I don't beat it, by no means do I do that. Ford did it right

#398 ·
I did look at the Cruze and it drew more yawns from my wife and it just didn't look exciting and I'm not sold on GM quality in their cheaper cars. While some older gen Focus fiends say the 2012 blends in too much in the Hatch-scape on the roads I think it stands out against the others which is hard to do. I still get alot of people who still can't believe it's a Focus.

Fresh photo from 5 minutes ago til my wife whisked it away back to her job. I'm sad.

#400 ·
Picked it up this weekend. Already put 200 miles on it.

I am very pleased!

I am looking forward to some pleasant miles in this vehicle.