Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Installed Rear View Mirror with Backup Cam

10K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  dbsimms63 
#1 ·
I've been looking at installing a backup cam/ rear view mirror for the last month or so. So many on Ebay, but I wanted to stay away from the cheap junk and not have it work for a short time then have to replace it. I ended up buying the Rydeen MV411T. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...p1XmVOQj8cprWWA&bvm=bv.55819444,d.cWc&cad=rja

It's got the Compass and inside/outside temp displays along with a 4.3 inch backup screen integrated inside the mirror. Shift into reverse the backup screen comes on. Shift out of reverse and it goes off. Plus, it has a one year warranty.

Installing took the better part of a day with plenty of breaks since I wanted it to look professional. In the end, I think I did a pretty good job. Just got through calibrating the compass. Here's a few pictures.

Here's a shot of the compass.

Compass with backup camera on. Sorry for the glare.

Backup camera with 88 degree cabin temp.

See less See more
#8 ·
The author is a bad idea you have, here is a possibility, but you need to flash the screen and buy a video camera, half of the transactions already, and we have to buy additional wire "FARC"
first put the display, to allow the reception of video signal
the second engage the cameras on the power of the rear lights backwards
the third all install and enjoy

Attachments

#9 ·
The rearview camera is really good , but would not fit my Titanium X with out losing the other functions on my mirror

pow3r_off
I'm really interested in this modification , if you can supply details of how you flashed the screen and what you used to flash the screen, i guess once flashed it's just a case of remove the fakra connection and wire in an AV lead.

#12 ·
I'm not sure 100%, but from the pictures, when you're not reversing (so that the backup cam is not engaged) does half of the mirror basically stay dark? So only the side without the monitor can be used as a mirror? Or can you still use it as a regular mirror when not reversing?

#14 ·
Awesome, good to know! If you've used this: do you prefer this type of backup cam or one that's built into the dash? I would assume that this style is cheaper, but maybe the cam's quality is also a bit lower? I know there are "HD" versions of the cam, but they're basically 480p resolution, which really isn't that great.

Does the small size of this style of backup detract from its effectiveness?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.