Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ANY Regrets!

10K views 83 replies 70 participants last post by  PratoN 
#1 ·
Ok people lets get down to the final question of the year.
Who regrets buying the 2012 Ford Focus since it's been out? Yea I know it's a great looking car that handles nicely when it runs but from the MFT issues, paint issues, oil leaking issues, moon roof leaking issues, water getting in the car after heavy rain issues, steering issues, auto sensing windshield wiper issues, Nav issues, and the infamous transmission issues Damn lets keep it real. What the F[?|][:(!][bigcry][bash]K is going on Ford!

#62 ·
Me...No Regrets
My High School buddy...No Regrets
My Nephew...No Regrets

All DCT, No MFT

Edit: OK, you got me. Regret not getting the heated seats.

#66 ·
I do have a regret. My car has been perfect but I kinda wish I would have ponied up the extra cash for a v6 5-spd stang..

#72 ·
Absolutely love my SEL. Some studdering and headliner rattles like crazy (i usually just hit it until it stops). Drives like a dream and handles like a dream. Sound system is killer and with tinted windows it looks badass! love my focus!

#73 ·
Initially, no. Loved the color, the interior, the handling, the transmission (manual), and the overall design.

Then I spent a year trying to get Ford to admit to the infamous clunking issue with my RF suspension. Threw plenty of my own money down the drain trying to solve the issue myself.

I ended up trading the car in on something more worthwhile back in December.

#75 ·
Had mine into the dealer more than total trips to the dealer for the last 5 cars I owned combined. Constant MFT problems. Parts falling off. Rattles all over the place. It doesn't feel safe. It's doesn't feel like it will last past warranty. I had a piece of the exterior fly off on the highway. I leased it and I will be happy when i hand it back and step out of the last Ford Dealership I will ever be in again. Until then my goal is to make sure everyone I know and respect stays away from Ford and their horrible vehicles. Worst purchase of my life by far. f--kFord.

#77 ·
been an absolute pleasure. Some rattles in the '12 that are not present in my '13. MFT is also very compliant even if a tad slow sometimes. No complaints. Blast to drive, feels substantial and I hope it holds up for the long haul

never buy a brand new design in the first year and stick to stick

#84 ·
I regret buying a car within it's first year of production, and I regret feeling angry and frustrated over this car.
+1

If I had bought a 2013, I'd be praising the Focus and Ford. Instead, I'll probably never buy a new car of any make ever again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.