Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!

444K views 1K replies 509 participants last post by  MaytheFocusBeWithYou 
#1 ·
OK here is the thread for all of us who LOVE our Focus!
I go into the garage and just gaze at it.
I love driving my Focus.
It gets spectacular gas mileage! And it is so cool the way i can watch how all the things that waste gas happen.
It looks so cool!
The seats are perfect fit.. So is the steering wheel.
My Focus drives great.
Gets better as time goes on driving it is more fun... I am one HAPPY gal driving my 2012 Ford Focus!!!

And no complainers ( [screwy] ) allowed!! [goofydrunk][drinking]

#3 ·
I love mine!

Got the windows tinted and am ordering some 18" wheels November 21st(release date of the rims I want).

I might get the RS spoiler as well but that would be next spring.

#4 ·
Make this a sticky please!

I love my Focus for sure! It puts a smile on my face everyday. It's paying for itself in gas savings. It's actually made my relationship with the GF better because now we go on joy rides.

I've seen mpgs from 29-38mpg on 1/2 tanks (I like to keep it half full in case I need to show property at the last min). The fit and finish on my Focus seams to be fantastic, no squeaks, or noises. I'm actually happy with SYNC too. I haven't seen any problems so far and have almost 2k on the OD. I hope it continues to make me happy through the life of the car.

#10 ·
Make this a sticky please!

I love my Focus for sure! It puts a smile on my face everyday. It's paying for itself in gas savings. It's actually made my relationship with the GF better because now we go on joy rides.

I've seen mpgs from 29-38mpg on 1/2 tanks (I like to keep it half full in case I need to show property at the last min). The fit and finish on my Focus seams to be fantastic, no squeaks, or noises. I'm actually happy with SYNC too. I haven't seen any problems so far and have almost 2k on the OD. I hope it continues to make me happy through the life of the car.
Has Someone been playing out on Lime Creek Road? If not, I highly recommend it.[hihi]

Oh, and yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and sticky this, it's rather refreshing hearing the "other side of the story", as it were.

#8 ·
Absolutely loving mine so far. You might know me as the resident defender of 2012 Focus lovers... I'm never hesitant to jump into a thread and offer my 100% satisfied opinion on otherwise negative threads!

MFT has reset twice, but seemingly come back alive faster both times, the second time my voice commands worked even better than before, so maybe my SYNC Maintenance screen actually had a real update behind it!

I love this thing!!!

#12 ·
I love my FoMoCo FoFo too!!

I love my Focus!

The heated seats (never had those before) taking the chill off on cold mornings has been sweet. I'm still amazed at how good the stereo is. I sometimes take country roads instead of the interstate (never did that in my Sienna!). Even after 3,000 plus miles, I'm still blown away at the excellence of the suspension.

Right on, rock on, sweet, sweet, sweet! [burnout]

[cheers] [ffrocks]

#15 ·
Love mine and I have only had it two days. I know this is awfull, but I am glad I got the manual as the wife dont drive stick, it's all mine.
haha, that's why I bought an auto.. so the GF/future wify can drive it too, lol. Last time I bought a car she told me I had to buy one that will fit a baby seat and I bought a single cab Ford Ranger, lol. Couldn't do it twice.

#17 ·
I don't literally love my car, but I do enjoy it very much. And yes, I am making whatever excuse only to go out driving it.

#18 ·
I had intended to never buy another Ford product after my 1995 Mercury Mistake.

Once I saw the Focus and all that it offered I made an exception. I am glad I did. Excellent gas mileage, great handling, quick performance, and all the tech bells and whistles.

I really enjoy drive the Focus, even when it is just to and from work.

#20 ·
Just love the new Focus. First time in my life I have not been envious of half my friends with cars that get the heart racing. Yeah ,a couple minor problems but the positives outweigh them by a long shot. Was cruising along this morning getting 38 MPG when I came up on some numb-skull going 40 on a curvy 55 mph 2-laner. So, I put the pedal down and this gas miser shoots me to 65 mph in couple seconds...all with the new Coldplay blasting from the 10 speaker Sony at full volume (and album cover art displaying). Just makes driving fun again.[:D]

#22 ·
...all with the new Coldplay blasting from the 10 speaker Sony at full volume....
I never (yet) had the courage to put my Sony system (10 speakers) at full volume, because I have the odd impression the roof is gonna be blown away ! Or the windshield. [:D]

#21 ·
I love my 2012 Ford Focus too!

7000+ miles strong, absolutely slick on the road, a very refined engine (can't even hear it at highway speeds, even with light throttle).

Its a car that combines:
1. Functionality - 44 cubic feet of space behind the front seats, whats up!?
2. Style - Saw a yellow SE hatch one in a lot today with the 17" painted rims... stylish
3. Luxury - Quality leather seats and assisting technology (although I don't have MFT)
4. Performance - even without my update yet, the DCT has been a delightful transmission, and I could never go back to a torque converter again (I drove 2 rental cars with torque converters, an Aveo and Escape, and they were pretty rough, although they were technically new). You won't see such a performer with 160hp get 37-40 MPG out there.

I don't believe the bullcrap that Consumer Reports says about the Focus's reliability. The DCT "problems" are perceived, and should be solved with the recent update (they're nothing like the solenoid issues that plagued the 1st gen Focus). The MFT "problems" should be solved with a full update (although I avoided MFT on purpose to not deal with those problems).

I think my car will be with me problem-free for a long time. And I sure as hell am looking forward to it. Cheers to you Ford!

#23 ·
I've had mine since July. I wasn't sure about the colour when we ordered it, my wife chose it, but I'm finding the colour to be very appealing. I first found the car to be a bit disappointing, as I couldn't throw it around like my 2000 ZTS. However, I loved the interior.Hell, a Corolla driver asked me what it was like, and I used the term something like a small luxury car. I'm finding now that once I've gotten used to the car, It's as much fun to drive as the last Focus I had. I love everything about the car......

#24 ·
I forgot to mention one thing: I am impressed how accurate the parking technology is. I think of myself being a good driver, but let me say it simple: I was blown away the first time I used it. The collegues at work, they all ask me to show them how the parking feature works. And they are speachless after a demo. Good job, Ford ! [driving]

#25 ·
I adore my Focus, I find I'm always staring at it if I'm sitting by a window in a coffee shop, for example. I was very lucky to find the exact colour/tranny/body style I wanted, but am glad I was able to. I love how it stands out so much on the road.

It has what is probably the second-best steering wheel (In terms of feel) that I've ever held (Second to my Grand Prix), it's peppy, practical, and very attractive.

[clap]

#27 ·
Love my Ti. after 3000m

AND I REALLY LOVE THE MFT - YUP THE MFT - And yes - I've had some lockups and yes I've had a couple of lockups where I had to pull the fuse. But I live in the world of reality which I'm not sure is the same place others on this forum live. The world of reality is that ALL computers are flakey (showme someone who does not have to reboot thier laptop every week or 2). The MFT is awesome and will get even better with updates.

#28 ·
Even with the issues I've had which include:

Oil Gushing from dipstick (Faulty dipstick tube)

Steering Drift (steering rack issue)

OEM Tires Bulging (replaced with Michelin's)

I still love the darn thing, it eats corners alive, gets fantastic mileage(29/42) and it beats nearly everything without a v8 off red lights without meaning to. The suspension is just right too, its soft like my old Cadillac without being too barge-like and unresponsive, and sporty without being harsh like my friends BMW. So glad I bought one with just sync(6 speaker non Myford touch), manual AC, the non powershift automatic, and manual seats; heck of a lot less to ever break. And having a tan interior is such a relief in the summer[grinking].

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great car! Just took it for a 600 mile trip from Long Island up to Albany area. Handled great the whole trip. On the way up, I hit 96mph and she was smooth. On the trip down, I hit 105mph and she was still smooth.

My gas mileage was not that great, but when I am on the highway with very few cars around, I tend to drive faaaast. I think I averaged 30.5mpg going up, and 32.5mpg coming back. The trip back, other than the [nono], was driven more conservatively with an average speed of about 78-80. Going up, I averaged well over [nono]and had a NY State Trooper pass me while I was cruising at about [nono]. Arrived home and had to wash her due to the salt on the roads from the Nor-Easter Sat-Sun. No problems at all!

[Lydia from Beatlejuice]Yes, I love that car of mine![/Lydia from Beatlejuice]

#31 ·
I'll definitely get in on this thread for sure!

5300 miles ago I got into a car that would change my daily outlook entirely. The joy of driving returned from an otherwise dreary 45 minute commute (one way). Now the highlight of my day IS the commute! And of course most of the time I just want to keep on driving.

There's not a thing I dislike about the car, it fits every need, plus it is a scream to drive. It fits my driving personality perfectly but provides enough nuances to help keep it exciting. The greatest feeling however is whenever I pass those other 'sport' cars whose owners are having to drive conservatively to keep their mpg at a reasonable level. Me...??? I'm having fun AND getting good mpg!!! What could be better !?!?!?!

#34 ·
I have had to stop telling people how much I love my Focus because I am such a bore on the subject. I've had it a little over a month, 2500 miles, no problems, so fun to drive, no problems with the DCT, a sharp looking car and fantastic mpg. I smile every time I see my little car and enjoy driving more when I am in it. Even trying to figure out if the Frosted Glass looks more blue or green to me at any given time is a pleasure.