Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Incognito27`s 2003 ZX5 Build

10K views 148 replies 17 participants last post by  Incognito27 
#1 ·
SO i have a thread elsewhere on the forum , but i think i will redo and make a nicer one on here for all to see in a more appropriate place . Enjoy , Give feedback , comment or flame if need be. I will keep this post up to date with everything i have received and installed.

Started out with this , Purchased rims and Tires , and Painted front Upper grill.
and shortened the Antenna

Move on to Interior changes , Pained the vent borders white , also did the corner vents and hand grip on doors

Debadged the rear , really makes it look clean , and on white clean is good. Also Nightshaded the Tail lights and front bumper blinkers.

Found a Local store that was able to order me the SVT front lower Grill , And so i modded what i and made this beauty. She Looks sooo Purdy .

Moved on to under the hood at this point , and painted the battery cover , top white , sides clean and left black , clear cloated the whole thing.

Ordered and received some new emblems from TFB designs , So i got them all around.

Painted my CAI to match my color scheme i am useing.

CLEAN ENGINE BAY!!!! Yes i got it detailed , it was in horrible shape.

Received a new front upper grill from Europe , Also new emblem for it.

Recieved a few goodies from our Friends at Massive Performance , Thanks Karl.

Installed new valve cover , and front strut bar , rear bar will get installed when i get a warmer day or spring , whichever comes first.

and lastly for the moment but not least new HVAC knobs.

The Winter i will be collecting a few things , but only work i will be doing or getting done will be mechanical , to bring the health up some more, as i am having a few small issues i need to address.

I will update as i go along and hope people have an interest in my build.

Thanks

Incognito27

Or better known as

Greg

See less See more
#73 ·
Not much of an update today , i did half the wireing harness , on the headlights .

Basically cut , and solder and added connectors to make it easy to remove if i need to. Monday i will take my old bumper and headlights off and start the wireing on the car , to mate with the wireing on the lights , will post a picture of everything before it goes on the car so you can see my mad skillz with a soldering iron and connectors :p

#78 ·
So as you recall last, i was stoked about installing the new bumper and headlights , but before i could do that i had to finish making my wire harness. Well wire harness done , headlights in , bumper on. But LEDS are not connected yet. that i will have to do tomorrow , ran out of day light.

However i won't leave you Pic less. here is the wire harness. I used Trailer wire harness's to remake a harness for the new headlights. I soldered every connected and used electrical grease in every connector to protect them even more. I will say though that the lights look awsome. Brighter by a long shot. will change the turn signal to a LED light rather than what i am useing. However tomorrow i will hook the LEDs up and then take a few pictures for you all to see.

#80 ·
was weird when i had it all installed and was doing a test lighting to make sure everything worked. and one light the high beam was set as low beam and opposite the other , so i had to do a little quick emergency wire cut and re solder. was weird because i they were identical. But in the end was good. Tomorrow will see some nice pics. wanted to get a car wash today but both the washes were closed cause they was broken... they were accross the street from each other.... weird.

Also ordered SVT fogs today from Rock auto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.