Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What color wheels would go with the sonic blue?

• Gunmetal

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Black

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Bronze/Gold

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%

What to do with the sonic blue??

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  sam fisher 
#1 ·
After two years of driving my SVT on these butter rims I've finally bent one. So of course this is as good excuse as any to upgrade these wheels. So now my question is what would look good on a Sonic Blue SVT focus?

Gunmetal looks nice but is pretty played.
Black multispokes have always been a favorite but also pretty common.
Should get a new stocker and powdercoat the rest?

I'm open to all suggestions as long as they aren't way too costly.. I'm still just a kid with a minimum wage paying job. Anything under a grand for all 4 rims would be cool.

And btw it's bone stock as of now exterior wise, but over winter break I'm planning to put on the 2002+ euro grill or maybe the paintable ST170 grill along with the black inpro ST170 replicas.

Now help me choose some wheels!

#4 ·
I would absolutely love to have some RS wheels silver or black (like Tribals car if i'm correct). The work to go into making those wide as wheels work on my car would be pretty stressful. Something similar would be cool though.

I love the gloss black svt wheels just not sure how they would look on sonic blue. They look amazing on meansvt's car though.

#8 ·
Thanks for the link. I've looked in there a few times for ideas.

Scrammer have you considered powdercoating your stockers gloss black? Your car looks mean as hell and in my opinion the complete blacked out look would make it look even meaner. Just a thought.

I'm pretty interested in the ST200's as well, but is there anywhere to get them, besides ebay.co.uk for a somehwat reasonable price. I checked bat-inc a few days ago and saw they were 200+ a wheel!

#9 ·
If you're interested in some RS wheels, I saw them on sale at massive for 89$ each. That's a real bargain for some 18 X 8 OZ wheels. Didn't vote either.

#12 ·
Gold looks hot for sure! I am thinking about trying to find a set of the Ford Racing rims in white (same style as EAP) for auto-x and swap out tires in the winter and run with the white rims.

#14 ·
Not sure I've seen this combo. For winter wheels--sure...why not. I don't think it would look that good though to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong though! I just always thought white wheels look like plastic PVC or something. I used to have a crap bicycle with plastic Mag wheels....I thought they were HAWT until I snapped one in half. Never went back [:D]

#15 ·
Speedoften has his powdercoated black with a blue accent in the strip on each spoke and looks great.

#18 ·
i really like these:

but i cant afford them so get them for yours. oz also makes the white multispoke ones found on the WRC car that just look sexy.

Sarif2029

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.