Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Strut and shock recommendations

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Drumr90 
#1 ·
I have a 06 zx3. I have the tien springs but have not put them on yet. Looking for recommendations on struts and shocks to go with them for maximum performance. I am getting into the solo and road rally in scca n. Texas.

#2 ·
'06 car= Hit up Massive & order the ''Omni kit'' & then get a set of Koni yellow's (which is basicly a sleave that take up the clearence between the spindles & the earlier smaller diameter struts). So you can get a set of Koni yellow's. There are a lot more choices of struts w/ the earlier '00-'05 cars. What yr car are those springs for? If they're for the '06+ cars, does tien have struts that work w/ those springs? You'll need '00-'05 springs & dampers= lot more choice's No mix & matching between the two= '00-'05/ '06-'11.

#5 ·
OK one more question. Guy at work says I have to get shocks and struts smaller since I'm dropping it down. He's saying since I'm dropping down 2 and 2.2 inches that I gotta get them that size.
Is this true and if so what size do I need

#6 ·
What they mean is, Your shorting your ride height w/ shorter springs, hence you need struts/shocks that'll work w/ your lowering springs. Koni yellows & Eibach's pro dampers work w/ 2-2.2'' springs. KYB agx's work w/ 1.5'' springs.

#9 ·
Eibach's Pro dampers. They work great for me. I beleive you'll need the Omni kit from Massive. Hit up Jillian at Tirerack, call or e-mail him.

#10 ·
Jillian or Julian - :)

Basically if you didn't replace the shocks they would blow out very quickly because when you drop it 2", you are getting rid of 2" of travel OE shocks are used too.

The Eibach Pro-Damper set is designed for the Eibach Pro-kit (1.4" f and 1.5" r drop) but they would still work on the Sportline kit, and work much MUCH better then a stock shock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.