Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How to Make Cabin as Quiet as Possible

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  haloflightleader 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here; been lurking for a few days admiring the various galleries and soaking in the community vibe. I just bought my first new car (see my signature). There are many things I love about the car and things I dislike which I will go into in another thread.

That said, onto my question. What can I do to increase cabin silence? The car is new so as it is, it is quite silent. However, I foresee as it advances in age, it will get louder as any car does.

The most common projects I see here are about performance and aesthetics like wheels and window tints, but I have not seen anyone go as crazy on reducing cabin noise. Has anyone here done it? What would my search terms be if I wanted to look up things I can buy or replace on the car to ameliorate cabin silence? Thank you.

h

#2 ·
I apologize. I just learned the search term I need is "sound deadener". I didn't know what to search for so I couldn't find anything, but after looking around some more I discovered this. Thanks.
h

#3 ·
well, in response to the second post, yes, use a sound deadener on things like the firewall, wheel wells, floor (including trunk floor), etc. if you wanna go crazy, bring it up onto the doors, too. google search for sound deadener, don't just by dynomat, there's way better products for WAY less out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.