Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Top 10 Driving Mistakes and How to Correct Them From GRM

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  JBrotbeck 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Look Ahead
Look Ahead
Look Ahead

The MOST important factor in all the driving techniques. Why? Because if you are looking ahead correctly, all the other techniques become self apparent.

Trust your body. In a strange way it knows more about what it's doing than you do. It will faithfully follow your eyes, and send the car in the direction you want to go.

#8 ·
Carrera26 said:
Look Ahead
Look Ahead
Look Ahead

The MOST important factor in all the driving techniques. Why? Because if you are looking ahead correctly, all the other techniques become self apparent.
Absolutely, don't race the car in front of you, race the cars ahead of that person. If somebody three cars in front of you hits the brakes, it won't take long for the brake lights to be right in front of you. Hell, I do this in everyday driving on the interstate.

Same goes when you are alone. Don't wait to make a decision on the corner right in front of you until you get there, you should already be making a decision on the next corner.

#12 ·
I take issue with their apex throttle discussion. The moment you've completed braking, you should be back on the gas. This doesn't mean mash the pedal, it means squeaze it the appropriate amount.

Slow in fast out is a good beginner concept, but ultimately you want to be fast in and out.

#13 ·
Ideally, you should be left-foot braking and NEVER come off the gas... And there are definitely times when you are just holding throttle through the turn.

#14 ·
WD40 said:
Thanks!
Any idea what issue (month) that article came from?

I really need to stop procrastinating, and send in a subscription...
GRM is offering a KILLER deal: 10 years for $100. That is an amazing deal! Don't forget, if you get a subscription, tell them you're an SCCA member and you get a discount or a free issue or something cool.

click me to see the GRM forum posting about it

FYI: It says something about the promotion ending at the end of April, but it has been extended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.