Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How to change the pcv valve in a 2001 zx3?

11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Brivon 
#1 ·
Heres my problem... my zx3 (40.000 miles) stars having hesitations, and rough idle,,, first desconect the EGR hose on the top, get a lot better... after I change the rear hose from the pcv (completed suck itself when turn on the car, and soft when was off)...... going to the beach a engine light comes, then disconect the negative from the baterry and re-conect the top hose from the egr, it stops hesitations but rough idles is the same,,,

I'm thinking changing the pcv cause the gases can go by the rear pcv hose and it coul be coggled, called the dealer and told me was a pcv valve? where is it? what does it for?? I couldn't belive it!![ohcrap] and just labor hand cost $45 + pcv valve ($20)+ taxes...[spank]

Any tip how to change pcv valve to doit my self??

Also I'm planning to change the dpfe sensor, clean the maf... any more ideas how to eliminated rough idle? Thanks

#3 ·
yeah the pcv is probably thea easiest thing to replace on the focus next to the air filter... you don't need any tools to do it, its right under the header on the black box looking thing. your CEL came on because you disconnected your EGR tube! plug it back in and bu a new dpfe from ford, or do what i am going to do and save up for an xcalII and delete the whole damned egr system! in the long run you'll just be buying at least 2 more dpfe's they are total crap.

Reactions: USARice
#4 ·
Thanks for the advise... at the dealer in my country de pcv is $20, dpfe is a lot of more $ but have to do.. also I'm thinkin to buy a obd2 can bus and live data... cause mechanic here make money jus for plugging it!! i'll let you know if my zx3 get better...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.