Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#2,287 ·
My Blue Candy Titanium Hatch arrived at the dealer on Wednesday...which was about 10 days earlier than the most recent ETA I received. I've been getting the finance stuff taken care of since then, hopefully I can take it home on Monday or Tuesday. Today marks 12 weeks since I ordered it.

HillbillyInBC, I really hope you get yours soon!

#2,288 ·
Ordered: June 7 2011
DORA: June 9 2011
VIN: June 21 2011
Build date: June 28 2011
Original Delivery Date: Jul 18 2011
Revised Delivery Date: Jul 25 2011
Revised Delivery Date: Aug 13 2011
Actual Delivery Date: Aug 10 2011
Picked up from dealer: August 12 2011 (Distance to Wayne, MI assembly 330mi)

Good luck to you all still waiting (and future waiters)..

#2,294 ·
actually its got low miles. 126,000 km. which is under 80,000 miles. Pretty low for a 97.
In my experience I haven't seen a lot of neons achieve high mileage, and when the tranny goes it's not worth it to have someone pull it apart, it would cost more than the car is worth.

#2,308 ·
Oh I know my wait is far from over. Not trying to steal that position from you either :p Just wondering why everyone else is getting faster progress, same as you.

#2,310 ·
I ordered after you and had a lower priority than yours and I have my window sticker already.

Not sure when my Vin was available as I waited a few weeks to contact anyone about it.

Good Luck!

#2,309 ·
i'm hoping that being located in winnipeg makes the vehicles transport quicker...i'd bet winnipeg is the access point into Canada for all western provinces (considering the plant is in michigan to the south east), so cars bound for Winnipeg can make it onto trucks quicker? hoping my theory is true!

#2,313 ·
Exactly, I'm trying to stretch my imagination to come up with anything I may have overlooked, that would excuse/justify the delay. (Confirmed my priority, confirmed date the order was accepted, etc) Is there a delay on Canadian Foci? Titaniums? But everything seems to be in order. Just because they said 6-8 weeks doesn't mean I want to wait 8 weeks if new orders are getting theirs in 5.

Getting very antsy now that my car is finally dead I could really use my new focus! I'll send Natasha a PM, hopefully there's an update tomorrow.

#2,315 ·
Priority 10.

Which from my understanding is the best, 99 being the worst. It should be on your vehicle order confirmation sheet. 1-9 are rarely assigned and reserved for special circumstances, like the first order being damaged during shipping would get a priority 1 the second time around.

#2,320 ·
We ordered July 21 and received my VIN on August 11. We received the window sticker today and it shows a build date of August 18. Dealership said approximately the 1st week of September for delivery for my wifes new car!

2012 Titanium Hatch
-White Platinum Tri-coat
- Luxury group
- Navi
- Alloy / painted wheels

#2,322 ·
I got the same car as you minus the Nav. Ordered 3 days before you, got VIN 3 days before you. Still no window sticker as of this morning. :(

Posted via FF Mobile

#2,323 ·
My sticker just came up this a.m. It wasn't there last night.... Anyone know what other information you can get fromt he sticker? It looks like a build date of Aug. 18th. Any other important information hidden in the various numbers / letters?....lol

#2,325 ·
Are there only certain days of the week that the window stickers show up on or is it constant with various times through each day?

#2,326 ·
It's on a truck - you should get it early

In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 07067 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 02, Atlanta, GA Aug-15-2011, 05:17 ET Aug-18-2011

-Z[wiggle]

#2,327 ·
Today is my build day (according to my sticker)!! So I figure a few days to build then loaded on to a train for the long trip to central NY. Does anyone one have any idea how long these next steps may take?

#2,330 ·
Good luck getting it by next week. I ordered 6/7/11 and don't expect to get it till some time next week. I know it's on a train here in Virginia somewhere fairly close by but the ETA is still 8/23/11.

#2,349 ·
We have no buses here, so if it doesn't get here I may have to rely on my bicycle.
I just sold my Zx3 to a friend's neighbor. ( we had a deal, I got the price I wanted, and I thought my car would be here weeks ago. The dealer wouldn't give me anything for a 2000 anyway. ) I am now borrowing a family member's car. [|)]

#2,338 ·
I haven't posted for a couple weeks. Here's where things stand (for those of you who have seen some of my posts). The Sonic Blue hatch I DIDN'T ORDER (after finding out Kona Blue (my original order on 05-May)) was no longer available on 05-Jun I told the dealer to order Sterling Gray on 07-Jun; on 31-July the window sticker for that car became available; however, my dealer somehow messed up the Sterling Gray order, Ford never got it, so when they saw the original Kona Blue they just substituted Sonic Blue; I can't tell you how unhappy I was to see that window sticker) will arrive at my dealer in New Hampshire next Monday (5-speed, 203A package, SE Sport Package, All Weather Package, Exterior Protection Package, cargo liner). I called the dealer on 31-July, REALLY UNHAPPY, and on Monday 01-Aug they called me back and said they'd put in a special order for Sterling Gray. I just spoke to them today and the VIN has been assigned, the build date also, and it's scheduled at the dealer in mid-September. I'm writing this reply to let you all know that if you're interested in a Sonic Blue hatch with the packages noted above, and don't want to wait anymore, you could contact your dealer and let them know one will be arriving at Ford of Londonderry (again, New Hampshire) next Monday.

#2,339 ·
Ah, I threw a post up a couple of weeks ago directed at you in the hopes that you would be reading just to see what the resolution was (you were still waiting for the dealership to get back to you at that point).

Well, not ideal by any means for you but if it is any consolation, some of the people that have ordered recently seem to have things moving much faster than they did when we ordered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.