Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#2,341 ·
Copernicium112,

When they told me on 01-Aug they were going to special order the Sterling Gray and it would be in "shortly after the Sonic Blue car" I didn't believe them given it was a total of 10-11 weeks for the Sonic Blue car. But, as you said in your reply just above, and given the Sterling Gray car will arrive in basically 6 weeks from when it was ordered, I think you're correct in that Ford seems to have squared away whatever issues they were having on the assembly line and things are starting to flow as they should.
BTW, I like your handle, the heaviest chemical atom.

#2,343 ·
ugh... mine (1FAHP3N21CL206396) just has been delayed again ... was 8/8, then 8/15, now 8/28 ... sitting either on a Burlington Northern train or in a yard wating to ship. Was almost excited to pick it up today. Two more weeks will take a long time. Of course it also means another paycheck worth of down payment.

#2,345 ·
Two more weeks will take a long time. Of course it also means another paycheck worth of down payment.
that's exactly how i'm looking at it! more savings is just as good as a new car.

#2,344 ·
"Approximate delivery ETA is showing as Sep-05-2011."

Still no sticker, but it's preparing to be built according to Natasha. Looks like I've got 3 more weeks to go.
Posted via FF Mobile

#2,350 ·
^There could be worse fates than borrowing a family member's car. Hope your car get in soon CM. Also glad to see that you're FINALLY getting your Focus DougC!

I just got off the phone with my dealer and just got my new VIN! Only 12 days since we placed the order so it seems things are moving along quicker now. ^^

#2,351 ·
They built my car on Friday August 12th, and I got the VIN from the dealer today. The salesman said the car was scheduled to arrive on August 29th.

#2,356 ·
My car was built on August 12th, the dealer told me it was expected August 29th, 17 days for shipping.

#2,358 ·
I got my VIN today! Woot!

Ordered July 27th (order priority was a 10 and they entered it the same day I ordered it)
VIN received Aug 15th (might have come earlier but I was on vacation since Aug 5th)
Expected build date Aug 16th
Estimated delivery Aug 29th

#2,359 ·
you sure about the build and delivery date? seems a little tight compared with the order date (4.5 weeks).

#2,369 ·
Explain that ordering capacity, shouldn't matter when it's a customer order, not dealer inventory.
Checked with Natasha today, still no sticker or build date so until they get started I'm assuming that delivery date is bullshit as well. The order was accepted same day I placed it, with a priority 10. No holds mentioned. "Check back in 7-10 days"

I may be getting "exactly the car I want" but so is everyone else who's ordering here, yet faster.

#2,374 ·
you only ordered july 18? that's nothing. do you at least have a DORA? until you get your VIN (which should be soon) you won't have a sticker.

waiting 4 weeks for a VIN is quite common, most people get it on 2-6 weeks. If you don't have a VIN by week 6 I'd start questioning things. If you have a DORA then you know your order was at least accepted by Ford and it is now in their hands.

few months ago new builds were taking 8 weeks, as the car is increasing in popularity that time is increasing as well. 12 weeks for delivery from order isn't uncommon, and it's only going to get longer until Ford can catch up with demand.

patience...

#2,371 ·
I looked back a few pages and couldn't find your story. What happened?

Sure I've only waited a month. Still doesn't mean someone ordered after me should have their car finished in a month. When mine hasn't even been started.

If I get my build date in 2 weeks, someone orders a week after me and gets there's in 10 days. Another guy orders a week after that and gets his in 7. That's fine. Means there's just less of a queue between orders now, and production is slowly speeding up. Perfectly acceptable. I'm not mad someone new will get there's in 5 weeks and it's taking me 7+. Because I know some people before me had to wait 9,10,11 or 12+ weeks.

But when their order is being built and completed before mine has even started? Something is fundamental wrong with the way they do business. Until they can justify my delay, I'm gonna continue to be upset about it.

Posted via FF Mobile

#2,372 ·
They originally told me 6-8 weeks when I ordered. At 8 weeks, my dealer said that my car would be in on Aug. 1st. It never showed up. Now they keep moving my date back. Supposedly, I am getting it this week. [giggle]
I understand your frustration. There were several times when I wanted to canx my order because I was tired of the BS. However, there isn't any other car that I want. And I know that I would regret it in the long run.

#2,375 ·
Got some good news this morning. My car is being transferred from train to truck and is only 3.5 hours driving distance away. It looks like it may get here much earlier than the last ETA they gave me. Time to shop for insurance.

#2,377 ·
I can understand delays in it being built, but things like cars being built after mine and shipping to the same region of the country while mine rots in Michigan doesn't make any sense to me. To me, as a customer, things like that have to have some kind of explanation. Is there anybody for Ford customers to contact?

#2,380 ·
If there is one thing I learned in this process, it's that it doesn't seem fair. At least from the customers perspective it seems that way. It's like being in the ultimate traffic jam and you don't know why the traffic is all jammed up but you accept the fact that you have to wait till it gets moving again. I recommend taking the attitude of "It will get here when it gets here" approach and before you know it, you will get the call.

Why my car was delayed after build and sitting in plant for a few weeks really irritated me at the time. I never determined what the cause of the delay was and now I don't care because the process is drawing to a close for me. In the end, all that matters it the ETA you are given. If it's a month from now then wait for a month. If the ETA gets pushed out you wait some more. The bottom line is it's waiting game without detailed explanation.

#2,378 ·
I'm a 8 hour drive from the assembly plant yet it took 5 weeks to deliver, go figure. Shipping times are completely in-consistent.

My sales rep told me Ford is having an issue with deliveries, a spat with the union, so they are dragging their feet on all deliveries. Don't know how much truth there is/was to that, or if it has been resolved yet.

#2,379 ·
I got lucky . . . hadn't really intended to buy a Focus after being a confirmed Porsche person. But last Friday, after the fuel pump shut off at $100 while filling my F-150 for the 3rd time in the week, I drove staight to the nearest Ford dealer and they had a Focus Titanium with every stinking option Ford offers.

I left with it and am thrilled.

It'll be the "daily driver" and so far I'm very happy with it.

#2,382 ·
Well, the etis website has changed to display the following information:

Primary Features
Build Date: 15.08.2011
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)

I was told that the ETA on delivery was the week of the 15th....so I'm not sure what that date means now. Was it officially DONE on 8-15-2011, and now i'm just waiting on delivery?

#2,385 ·
now I'm getting pissed...my car was due last week, than it was due yesterday...still no car. it has been sitting 20miles away for over a week now
If you know where it is and it's only 20 miles away why don't you drive over and find out yourself what's going on?

#2,386 ·
I talked to my dealer today and he said my car is getting "pulled" next week with sept 15 estimated delivery...

What does "pulled" mean?

#2,387 ·
Why didn't you ask him? It could mean it's being pulled by a truck, pulled by a train, pulled from it's current location. I don't know but I'm sure a quick call to you're dealer will clear it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.