Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SE Sport owners, sign in!

27K views 219 replies 105 participants last post by  Sean05 
#1 ·
Now that Ford's changed the model lineup and removed the SE Sport Package, we're officially a rare breed!
(Along with those SEL owners, but the SE can now be configured to SEL levels so whatever)

No more 5-speed with sport cloth seats (and 60/40 split rear), leather steering wheel and upgraded suspension. In fact, our seats are now only available in the ST!

The only way to get rear disc brakes, a leather steering wheel and 60/40 split rear seatbacks is to upgrade to 201A, which also adds leather seats and 17" wheels – and bumps the price of the car to $22,525!

I, for one, am glad I picked up my car when I did. [wiggle]

#33 ·
The only place I've seen them was on ebay and I think I've seen them on one member's car here unless that was your's but still very rare. Actually it seems the 16" sport wheels aren't really common anyway. I have a pristine set in my garage I'd like to sell but I kind of want to keep them.

#39 ·
I managed to get the exact configuration I wanted, and seeing how the options are changing it makes me even happier that I did.

-HAD to be cloth
-HAD to have disks
-HAD to be yellow
-HAD to be standard
Etc.

The 2012 SE Sport was the perfect fit, and I was lucky.

#40 ·
I got lucky with the local dealer had exactly what I wanted, or else I wouldnt have bought a new focus yet.

The sport bucket seats <AWESOME I did 2 6hr road trips this week and felt great when i finally stepped out of the car.

#42 ·
Race Red SE Sport 5spd sedan. 203A. live it, love it, drive it[woot][woot][woot][woot]

#144 ·
Lol Nope!
Silver SE SP reporting in!

I never liked the HB look, nor the spoiler on it...
I'm glad I did a locate on it.

Had to be Silver!
Had to be SP!
Had to be Sedan!

Almost wished I got 5-speed... but the DCT has been pretty good for me.

#48 ·
I just got back from a 660 mile turn and burn road trip from Denver to Utah and got some observations of my Focus and some pretty cool pics through the mountains so look for the thread.

#49 ·
Love my Race Red SE Sport Hatch. Love the seats, the suspension, and the disc brakes. Only wish they had a 5MT at the dealer when I was purchasing the car. They didn't so I took one with the DCT. Unlike others on this forum, the DCT has worked fine with me. I just prefer a manual since this is the first non-manual car I've owned since I've learned how to drive.

#50 ·
I love my race red SE sport hatch! I have sunroof, sync and about every available option that you can get in the SE package. It was the only manual on the lot and I did not even drive another test vehicle after driving it. Over 40 Foci on the lot and only one manual?? It just happened to be the model I was looking for, just not the color, wanted black. 800 miles and still breaking it in

#51 ·
Our Blue Candy SE Sport 5-Spd w/ 201A, winter pack, and 17" wheel option has been great other than a rattle/buzz around the instrument cluster that the dealer should fix under warranty. It's got 8k miles now.

I wish the 201a came with better display screens, but it was certainly easier to upgrade the speakers on the 4-speaker 201a system than it likely would have been with the 6-speaker 203a package. Give and take I guess. I also wish the side bolstering on the sport seats was more aggressive. My skinny frame slides around in these seats much more so than in the sport seats in my 9-5 Aero.

#55 ·
I'm proud of the fact that I checked off exactly two options. Sport package and convenience package. I got everything I wanted and nothing I didn't want, and they even threw in active grille shutters as a surprise!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.