Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#20,541 ·
Got my Massive front strut bar on finally. Its a way even tighter fit on my 5 than it was on the Kona. Had to jack the car up in the center cuz one hole was about 3/16" off. Also had to unbolt the dpfe from the firewall cuz the clip going into the dpfe was completely in the way. Unusual since I didn't have to do that on the Kona. Rebolted it back to the firewall using a mounting point that's for something else but can only use 1 bolt hole. Should be fine. Of course when I do the SVT header conversion all the dpfe/egr stuff should be able to come out of the car. Also need to trim a small bottom corner of the plug going into the brake fluid rereservoir since it will slightly rub the bar.

#20,543 ·
You need to replace THIS bushing, it fixed pretty much all of my slop in my shifter, the bad part is I only got to enjoy it for 20 mi before the clutch gave out lol
noob question.. but this is part of the shifter itself and not on the tranny side of things right?
does it go in the white/yellow bracket looking thing?

#20,544 ·
#20,548 ·
UPDATE: So I installed my Massive front strut bar on Tuesday. So far it seems to have really tightened up the front end. Had a lot of squeaking and creaking when driving over the rough and very uneven roads to my house that as of now are gone. Will monitor over the next week or so to see if they stay gone or come back even if only a little. Also notice a little more "firmness" when pushing hard through corners and sweeping turns. Didn't notice near as much improvement on the Kona with this bar as I am seeing on the zx5.

Need to get my Massive rear strut bar put on Thursday and hopefully my Eibach rear sway. Those should help to further tighten things up. Then after that my Eibach front and finally my new springs/struts and shocks. Then to save up again for the adj camber and toe arms from Massive :)

#20,551 ·
I don't want used tires in this case. I want 4 matching tires and that's hard to come by not to mention finding decent ones that are not worn funny. Though I may check out some places and just see what they have. I do plan on hitting some high speeds hence why I want some new ones. The SVT is capable of hitting a much higher top speed than Ole' Yeller lol

#20,554 ·
Discounttiredirect has horrible prices IMO, you can get the Kumho AST for 80 bucks at the discount tire store. That's a 40 buck difference lol

I'll probably drive into Houston and check out some mom and pop stores and see what they have or can do.

#20,555 ·
Well got rear Massive strut bar installed. Somehow the lower mounting hole I drilled on the passenger side ended up off a bit so I will need to unbolt and elongate that hole downwards just a bit. Lost the washers for 2 of the mounting bolts so I will get a slightly larger sized washers to correct for this LOL. Then I will get the bolts for the lower mounting points installed :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.