Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Keypad entry accessory with push button start?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  I Bleed Ford Blue 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the Ford keypad entry accessory (stick-on) will work on the new Focus' (2012+) with push-button start (PBS or the Intelligent-Access key)?

I have a new ST and bought the keypad because I like to leave the key fob in the car while I'm biking (so I don't lose it on the trail). I know I can lock it from outside the vehicle with another FOB, so I thought the keypad would be a great idea (I had it on my SVT). However, the manual doesn't explain how to program the new fob and I've heard rumors the keypad isn't compatible with PBS (yet, the Ford Accessories website only listed the Focus Electric as being incompatible with the keypad).

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi C264!

First of all, congrats on the ST! Like you, I checked out the Accessories site and from what I've seen it appears that it would be compatible with your ride. To make sure, though, I'd advise that you give your local dealership's service or parts department a call. They'll steer you in the right direction![thumb]

Have a great day and enjoy your ST!
Crystal

#3 ·
The intelligent access on the focus will not allow you lock the doors with the fob in the car. You might as well leave a sign on the car that reads "STEAL MY CAR PLEASE" because leaving the fob with the car is an invitation for theft. Even using a magnetic 'hide-a-key' won't work because the fob is still too close to the IA sensor. Your best bet is to take the fob with you.

#4 ·
Except that I tried it. I have two fobs. One was in the house. The other in the car. I locked with the fob in the house. I went out to the car (leaving the fob in the house) and I couldn't open the door. I went back in the house, unlocked it, then came back out and opened the driver's door to retrieve the fob in the car.

Could they have made a change in the feature with the 2013's?

#5 ·
Could they have made a change in the feature with the 2013's?
It's possible, but I doubt it. Whats the point of having an IA system if you can lock the fob in the car. Check your owners manual to sure, but more likely your IA setup is malfunctioning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.