Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Engine Block heater add-on for 2012 Focus

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  suss6052 
#1 ·
Can the engine block heater be added to a US 2012 Focus SE? I was considering getting either a remote starter or the engine block heater (I'm in IL and it can get pretty cold in the morning here during the winter months).

I also noticed that the trans (I have the 6spd auto) gets sluggish and the clutches tend to "chatter" in the morning pretty much until the engine warms up completely, so is there anything I can do there to help the car out? Will the engine block heater help any?

I try to let the car run for at least a minute in the morning ,despite what everyone says about not needing to let the car warm up. I do use full synthetic by the way, so I don't know if that will matter.

#2 ·
Engine heater won't do much for the sluggish trans. The best way to warm it up is to just drive it easy for the first few miles. I live further north and it doesn't get cold enough here for the need of an engine heater for my needs. I also have to drive 25 for a mile or so before I get to the freeway so that gives it a chance to warm up.

#4 ·
Isn't it in neutral when the car is in Park? Why would it shift to anything if in park? That's the mode for "Yea...I'm not going anywhere"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.