Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New brakes = new pics! (56k warn.)

3K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  Sn4ckM4st3r 
#1 · (Edited)
So last week me and Mr.Bergner met up and installed my new brake shoes and painted my drums black. It was a fun time, and was great meeting a local that was a regular member on this site.
Here's a couple pics of that:

Yesterday I installed my new EBC slotted and dimpled rotors, and EBC greenstuff pads. It was really easy and I learned a lot by doing it myself. Here's a couple pics I took of that.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

So today I washed my car up and took some new pics.

I'm running for ROTM, so please vote for me!
I still have a lot more plans before focus fest 08.
Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think.[thumb]

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I heard that noise when I tested them out today. It does sound pretty sweet. lol.
The brakes aren't at full potential until about 1000 miles or so, but they are already way better than the old ones.
Soon, I'm going to change out the brake fluid and install my russel stainless brake lines.
I'll really notice a big difference then. Should be a real nice setup.
I'll also paint my front calipers red when I get around to it.
I didn't go with svt brakes since I use 15" OEM wheels for my winter setup.
They wouldn't fit under those, plus I didn't like the price of the svt brakes anyway.
I'm sure I'll be very happy with this setup, and I think it looks great.[thumb]

#7 ·
yeah, and they are a pain in the dick to put back together.

nice pictures, nice brakes. I plan on doing the same as you once my brakes need replaced.

#19 ·
Thanks man, I'm actually painting the calipers red tomorrow.

question...do your rear shoes take a while to warm up? I changed those out first so you maybe you won't notice it
I also changed out the rear shoes a couple days before doing the front. I didn't notice it taking long for them to warm up, except maybe for the test drive I took after installing them. They've been working great.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I just got my svt steerring wheel today, so that'll get installed tomorrow along with painting the calipers. I also ordered eibach front (22mm) and rear (25mm) sway bars for my car. So, I'll be installing them once they come in later in the week. I can't wait. The handling is going to be amazing. Right now I have a 18mm sway bar up front with no sway bar in the back, so that'll be a big difference.

#22 ·
Nice them with my car?[hihi]
Do you really think black housing headlights would look better on my car?
I like black housing headlights on other cars, but I think these look good in chrome on my car.
I've contemplated getting the black housing version of these lights for a while now.
I just can't seem to make up my mind on which would look better.
Whats wrong with the eyelids? They make the front end look mean.

#24 ·
I painted the calipers red today. I took my time and did a good job on them.
I taped everything off real good and I used the brush on kit. Just gotta let it dry now.
I can't wait to see it all put back together. Its going to look real nice.

#28 ·
Get some pictures of the painted calipers up! As of now, they look awesome!
I agree with the black housing healdights - they'd looks great on your car. The eyelids are alright. Either way with those and you'll be fine. What happened to your tailligths? Didnt you have Euros on? I may have missed something... Anyways, brakes and wheels look great!

#29 ·
I'll try and get some pics of the painted calipers tomorrow after work.
I took the european tails off because I could never figure out the wiring.
They weren't safe to drive with the way they were, so I put the stock tails back on.
I'm hoping to have the european tails back on and working right by focus fest.

#31 ·
looks great man, how did you do the ford logo? i've been looking to paint it black instead of the blue surrounding im just not sure how it comes apart, any tips?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.