Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!

444K views 1K replies 509 participants last post by  MaytheFocusBeWithYou 
#1 ·
OK here is the thread for all of us who LOVE our Focus!
I go into the garage and just gaze at it.
I love driving my Focus.
It gets spectacular gas mileage! And it is so cool the way i can watch how all the things that waste gas happen.
It looks so cool!
The seats are perfect fit.. So is the steering wheel.
My Focus drives great.
Gets better as time goes on driving it is more fun... I am one HAPPY gal driving my 2012 Ford Focus!!!

And no complainers ( [screwy] ) allowed!! [goofydrunk][drinking]

#510 ·
Just picked up my (wife's) Red Candy 5dr and ..... I've driven a lot of vehicles in my life, and this SEL is nice, very, very nice. We're upgrading from a 2001 Escape that has been flawless, but at 116,000 miles and 11 years, it's going to our son. We considered what we wanted to improve on, like the fuel efficiency, handling, fit, and Sirius radio, and this Focus is all that and more. Shoot I've got better mileage on the first 60 miles test driving than our Escape ever got in town, haven't even taken it on a highway trip yet... tomorrow for sure...
I'm thankful for all the comments by actual owners on this forum. I read extensively here before even talking to the dealer and you've all been a great help. (Even the occasional naysayers who've added some reality checks to the overwhelming positive buzz this car does generate).

Fair winds and following seas to all,
David

#561 ·
Just picked up my (wife's) Red Candy 5dr and ..... I've driven a lot of vehicles in my life, and this SEL is nice, very, very nice...We considered what we wanted to improve on, like the fuel efficiency, handling, fit, and Sirius radio, and this Focus is all that and more...I'm thankful for all the comments by actual owners on this forum. I read extensively here before even talking to the dealer and you've all been a great help. (Even the occasional naysayers who've added some reality checks to the overwhelming positive buzz this car does generate)...
Thanks for the props! [:D] The feature I like most is the SelectShift automatic transmission. Changing gears at the touch of a button is so exciting for me. [woot] Be sure to keep your Focus well-maintained with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ServiceCouponsPage.

Keeps on getting better...filled with 91 today for the "does higher octane get better mpg?" test...
What's the verdict? [:)] Share your results with other owners and enthusiasts here: http://social.ford.com/.
A little crazy color thrown in for fun
Nice psychedelic colors; this photo makes me want to watch Austin Powers movies! Get it appraised, it may be worth [pinky finger next to mouth] "1 million dollars." [giddy]

...I wanted to fine somewhere as picturesque as the previous posters, what with all the pretty scenery, but all I could come up with was a little park on Lake Erie...Here's one from the iPhone, right after she had a bath (this morning).

As a previous Northeastern Ohio resident, you can't go wrong by taking your Focus next to Lake Erie and snapping a few stills. Your next objective is to try and get it in Cleveland Browns Stadium; this would be the ultimate shot! [headbang]

it is 97F temperature outside today.. but even with the air on high. on the freeway at 52mph I got 51mpg all the way.
Whoo Hoo this car ROCKS!!!!!!
As the temperature rises, the Focus remains cool. Getting 51 MPG on your Focus is ice cold! [histerical] If it gets any better, I'll start calling you Ms. Freeze. Keep it running well with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ServiceCouponsPage.

...Having driven ONLY manuals for the last 16 years, I've found that the DCT is a perfect transmission to transition to. Plus, with the selectshift, I'm still able to "slap" through the gears when I'm feeling sporty. [thumb] I'm REALLY enjoying mine as well, and I definitely echo what others are saying about it being an absolute blast to drive. I actually look forward to my commute now. [grinking]
Press is more like it! [thumb] This is a good way to experience the best of both worlds. Please let me know by PM if you've heard its last buzz.

I love my Focus so much that I actually get a little bummed when my fiancee has it and I'm home and it's not in my driveway. It's very satisfying seeing it there, hah. :D
I'd think you'd be bummed if your other half wasn't home, not your Focus! [giggle] Since you've got it bad, gaze at this badge when it's not in your driveway: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/.

Somebody put two paint chips in mine today on the front end - looks like might have been a shopping cart because I was at Safeway and the chips were not there when I washed the car this morning. Totally depressed now :-(
I'm going to get a touch up pen and see what kind of mess I can make of it.
The infamous runaway cart always finds its next victim! [:(] How did the touch-up pen work? If you need any paint, please visit our parts site here: http://www.fordparts.com/.

I'll be making another post in this thread soon; keep your eyes peeled! [ffrocks]

- Thomas

#514 ·
I still have to take some glamor shots of my Sonic Blue 5-Door, so I swiped an FF image... I hope nobody minds...

Instead of a "My Other Car is a TARDIS" license plate frame, I'm looking for a St. John's Ambulance seal... ;-)

#517 ·
Nice images, Ron. I wanted to fine somewhere as picturesque as the previous posters, what with all the pretty scenery, but all I could come up with was a little park on Lake Erie. The iPhone camera just doesn't do it justice, either. I'll have to find a better location along the lake and pull out my 450D. Here's one from the iPhone, right after she had a bath (this morning).

#520 ·
Gorgeous color. I'd probably have mine in this paint if I couldn't have my red candy. Maybe someday I'll have a Mustang in this color. Enjoy your car, and definitely get out that Canon!

#527 ·
How do you "slap" through the gears with a little thumb button? Shame on Ford for that as they should've had a manu-stick type shifter since under spirited driving the thumb button simply was too small and gave my thumb a cramp after 15 minutes. Poor design.

#529 ·
My mom's Miata had the paddle shifters but it also had the option of just moving the shifter over and simply push forward and back to cycle the 6 speeds and that mimics a manual better than the Ford system does and it does it way smoother.

#539 ·
I love my Focus so much that I actually get a little bummed when my fiancee has it and I'm home and it's not in my driveway. It's very satisfying seeing it there, hah. :D

#541 ·
It's the red candy color, it has that particular effect on people. If you're ever in CT, and drive by a woman in her twenties just blankly admiring her RCT SE sport, like an idiot, chances are you've just driven past me. That's how much I love this car! :D

#562 ·
It's horrible to read what you and others posted; the glut of shopping carts roaming in the car park is ridiculous. It's a shame you can't ask the store to see the surveillance tape and see who let the cart that hit your car and pursue them for damages, since they should have been conscientious of you in the first place. Like jaywalking, people blindingly let carts go to hit someone one is a needless activity, if people chose to be conscious while in public... [:(]