Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally Zxthrizzle05 turbo zetec build

72K views 446 replies 37 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 · (Edited)
My parts list include JE pistong with Eagle rods. A kesatie motorsports zetec turbo kit with 60lbs injectors and a water meth inj. Kit. And I have a kenne bell BAP, water pump, oil pump, new timing n serpentine belts, ford oem headgasket, ARP main head bolts. Anything else I mioght b e forgettung idk there's alotYep as of today I had my lemon towed to my fathers garage and I got it up on stands. I drained the oil and removed the cam gear cover and the coolant resevoir tank so far. Its 9 o clock now and I didn't get the car towed till 6 due to our snow causing every towe truck being busy the last 6 days. Anyways here some pics of car at home and car in garage.

See less See more
#336 ·
sean i should come up this weekend and come check out your car... shoot me a text with your address if your going to be around.

253-359-8083

if you need any help with things i can help also... i know my way around.

#337 ·
Appreciate it. Saturdays my birthday so ill b busy then. But Sunday I won't. I'm not sure the problem. New line new fittings. Didn't leak for weeks until today. I only drive it for like five minutes a day to have my turbo fun then I hop into the gas saver car for work

#340 ·
took apart the wg today found out i allready have an 16psi spring in the damn thing. turned the bc off took it out for a third gear pull till red line and no luck what so ever. still hits 8psi only. i dont know what the heck is going on. someone chiime in here to hep me please! coud me not havng 3 inch exhaust be the culprit?

#345 ·
Then you most certainly have a boost leak and it sounds like a fairly sizable one. I'm betting your wastegate has never even opened since it hasn't needed to.
How are you checking for leaks?
If you pressurize your intercooler piping and determine no leaks there, then you have to check the turbo manifold gaskets and also the wastegate gaskets.

For reference, my GT2871r hits 7psi by 4K rpm (no boost controller yet). My old IHI hit 12psi by 4K rpm.

#347 ·
Found the problem. Was the valve seat to the wastegate. Put it in and made 16psi. Blew some IC piping off lol. Then popped the hood and saw lil smoke coming from the under side of the exhaust side of the turbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.