Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Corner Indicator (Housings?) Swap

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  04ZTSJelf 
#1 ·
Hey, so while my mechanical issues have stopped, I am back to the looks of my car. A few months ago, I bought some black bumper corner indicator housings I guess hey are called. (they just go in the front bumper on the corner and replace the orangey yellow ones) Since I have the rubbish PZEV, on the driver side, some part of an 'airbox' has to be removed to get the piece out and the other in. There is a how-to guide on here about this but the pics were removed so I just wanted to know if anyone had pics of this so I know exactly what to do.

Thanks for any help on this.

#3 ·
I just did this with smoke side markers. Same car. Remove the screw in the wheel well holding the bottom corner of the bumper cover and you should be able to pull it out enough to get a wrench up there (I used a ratchet wrench). The space isn't much though but the bolts holding the posts come off in a few turns. Do the passenger side first so you have an idea of what you're feeling around for on the driver side because you'll basically be doing it blind. Took about 5 minutes.

#6 ·
Thanks, I will try this. It seems like the easiest way of the options I have read so I will try it before I have to start removing things, haha. Also, on a slighty related note, I replaced the bulbs in my headlights after fiddling with it blindly for an hour but the passenger side light points up slightly higher than the driver side. It was like this before and after I replaced the bulbs. I tried adjusting it a little but it had no effect. Is it supposed to be like this?

#5 ·
Never thought about coming from the top. The bottom bolt on the side marker is still going to be a pain because of the big giant air box or whatever it is behind the driver's side bumper cover. There's not enough room to pull the bulb so you'd be working around it anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.