Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2000 SE 2.0 SOHC engine swap out

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SkaAddict 
#1 ·
What would anyones best ideas be for a engine swap for my Focus, If I were to get a zetech swap, I'd want a Turbo. But could the ztech stock handle the PSI boost? Would there be anything I need to do to the engine itself to handle it? Before I were to drop the engine in?

#4 ·
A stock Zetec can handle about 10-11 PSI of boost with proper tuning, although if you don't plan on swapping out the internals for forged pieces in the near future it would be wise to keep it closer to 8 or 9. About the same as what a stock SPI can handle...the difference is there really isn't a kit available for the SPI so you'd pretty much be on your own as far as getting the parts assembled and installed. So its a tossup; swap engines and be able to buy a preassembled turbo kit (Xios has one for the Zetec, plus Massive, CFM and SuperSnailFab all have kits in the works) or keep your current engine and BYOTK...

Another consideration would be other related parts, like a LSD...its going to become more and more difficult to find such parts now that Ford has dropped production of the SPI engine and the iB5 transaxle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.