Focus Fanatics Forum banner

i need your opinion.. you might not like it!

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  GodLovesUgly 
#1 ·
so as we all know the 89 civic SI pwns ST..
i was browsing some cars and there is one for sale in my city and he is willing to take 700 bucks for it and it runs great..

i love running the foci but can i pass this deal up?

#3 ·
well if i get it, it will be a co-driving car that me and my GF will be driving, so the cost is split in half.

i know that the driver is a big part in it being good but i'll eventually get there (hopefully) i just think the price is right, it has 220k on it

#8 ·
ill chime in with a -

you just bought your magnets :p

i keed, but for real, they do make nice little track cars, they can be built up for not a lot of cost too...
i duno, its up to you... advice i would give would be not to split things with a significant other whos not a wifey... i can only see bad things in that situation if things go south...

#12 ·
It's no secret that if you want to be competitive you need a good platform, with lots of aftermarket support.

The Focus is very heavy and higher CG than the Honda's. The problem with the Foci is that they never took off as a serious tuner car in the states. The strenght of the chassis & drivetrain etc makes them great rally cars.

Plus if you want to run a honda just go to the redshift website, get the plans for all the hot honda tweeks, there are a million guys running/selling hondas and thier parts. It takes 10X as long to hunt down decent used parts for a Focus so it ends up costing alot more to make the same mods.

I had fun autocrossing the Focus, and now it's been made into a track only SCCA club racer, but I'm as much a "rebel without a cause" as I am a racer. I just wanted to prove it could be done, so I'm sinking a ton of money and time into the Focus. But looking back I wish I did something else and purchased a turn key E30 or 944 for about 12K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.