Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nitrous Setup

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  KevinSVT 
#1 ·
well, im bored and im trying to do something fun before i deploy in october so i decided to do a nitrous setup. so tell me what you guys think or if im missing anything..

JE Pistons with eagle rods from CFM
Topspeed performance intake manifold
Nitrous Express Drict port nitrous kit 100-150 shot
Autometer nitrous, air/fuel and pyrometer gauge
Clutch masters Stage 3 clutch or CompetitionClutch stg 2 6 puck clutch
dont know where to go for tune yet
also trying to do an RPM switch for 3500 rpm or 4k , just dont remember where my dad got his the last time he did it.

so far this is it!

#3 ·
Direct port better on the SVT Zetec then the traditional Nitrous set up? Is this only on the SVT since the dual runner could cause complications when running Nitrous and need a new intake regardless? Direct Injection would appear to be a safer option.

#5 ·
Moved to "General Forced Induction & EcoBoost"

#9 ·
you can just shoot him a pm. he does very good quality work that is on par with or better than the top speed manifold from what ive seen. its cheaper as well. AAANNND you probably wont have to wait on it for as long either. his screen name on here is Roushturboedzx3. oh and he created one of the most powerful street driven focus in the US if that helps at all. it was over 600whp on race gas, very VERY impressive.

#11 ·
Thanks guys for all the nice comments :) Kevin since your kinda local I can help you setup your car or anything else you need done.

#16 ·
theres no reason to go ahead and overkill the injectors. you can always get HUGE injectors and just turn them down but you cant turn small injectors up past their maximum. ya know what i mean?

#18 ·
So if your doing anything that requires replacement or new injectors just always go with some 40ish lb injectors even if your NA when not using nitrous? Is there a benefit of having larger injectors with a wet setup? Doesn't your extra fuel come from your fuel nozzle in the N20 setup?

#19 ·
i was thinking of what focusmaniac said, im thinking of 42lb injectors and turn em down to where i need it and yes it does, but im also doing a bigger shot of nitrous and building the motor a bit and the stock injectors wont be able to keep up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.