Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#32 ·
Thanks, putting it up the rest together this weekend. Did the Torsen to the tranny and some paint. It will have a Fidanza flywheel and a CM stage 4-4 puck. Have anybody heard that this flywheel throws out the outer gear(starter)? Seen the 3 small bolts and became suspicious.

#39 ·
Ya im sure fernando told you the story on his too. the stock pully has a dampner in it which helps vibrations. and i would just run the stock one

#41 ·
Also i dont think the 5857 will get you to 450, if so it will be very stressed

#42 ·
Hope getting that @20 psi, goals at first were set for 400, after added FR stage 3 cams, high lift springs and return fuel system, if not it should be close and go higher with more boost and racing fuel. We'll see.

#43 ·
^^^ ya theres alot of factors but im pretty positive you will make 400

#44 ·
You have a lot more experience than I do but hope you are wrong, lol. Have you heard anything about the Fidanza flywheel throwing out the starter gear? Those 3 screws seem small after a guy from a machine shop told me he has seen it happen a few times, not on a focus though but with the same brand.

#48 ·
Almost done with the engine, back to stock crank pulley. After slotting the IM the alt. fit perfectly, the coolant sensor had to be cleared though. The alt is a Bosch (220 output).

Torsen in the painted tranny, next put it all together.

#440 ·
Almost done with the engine, back to stock crank pulley. After slotting the IM the alt. fit perfectly, the coolant sensor had to be cleared though. The alt is a Bosch (220 output).
Hi, wanted to see your 6262 installed so checked your thread, VERY nice work!
One suggestion, I would swap out the timing cover (center metal part) with a SVT one and then use the SVT poly pass side motor mount. The bolts are spaced further apart and seem to support everything better. I'll check I'm sure I have a spare I can send you for free. Or swap when the mount eventually needs replacing.

#51 ·
Thanks! The guy from the machine shop same the same thing, never seen one like it.

dudeee!!!!! this is sick! glad i could help you out on giving you some cash for that clutch kit :p
Thanks Aaron! Have a couple of things to sell still if you want to help some more, lol. More to come soon...

#55 ·
Here is a pic of the slotted IM, Tom thanks you very much for the input on it, worked perfectly.

Finally put it together with Fidanza Flywheel and CM 4 puck

Immediately to the engine bay.

With the car on a lift without tires and the engine on a dolly, it was very easy to put it in, had to raise the engine into place about 3-4 inches without a scratch. All 3 Steeda mounts, prefer the vibration than breaking them every other week.

Lot more to do, at least it does not look like a stolen car anymore.

#59 ·
Thanks! Progress has been slow because all the prep but nice.
Looks to be down a little far ? I would wald some small pieces on Alum on the top side of the intake so the washers had something to hold with , some one local shouldnt charge more then about 30.00 if you cannot do this your self. The intake is thick enough that it doesnt warp and just hitting it with a file always seemed to get it all flat

Glad I could help

Tom
That's what I meant with no space to slot, to make sure did a template to match the runners and the amount to slot, instead of the custom gasket for it, went with the o-rings, it will be the correct way but would not touch it anymore, the bottom ones keeps it in height and all of the top ones had some material under the bolts, added washers just in case. Thanks again.

#58 ·
Looks to be down a little far ? I would wald some small pieces on Alum on the top side of the intake so the washers had something to hold with , some one local shouldnt charge more then about 30.00 if you cannot do this your self. The intake is thick enough that it doesnt warp and just hitting it with a file always seemed to get it all flat

Glad I could help

Tom

#62 ·
Nice build!!!!! Shiz looks amazing. Cant wait to see this thing in action! Good work

#63 ·
Thanks! I am dying to at least start her up. Been waiting a long time for it and bothering Fernando since February with every stupid question that cross my mind, have to be grateful and thank him for putting up with my shit and guiding me in the correct direction. Need to clear up he has nothing to do with the body kit, lol, and the change of goals has kept me with some parts that will limit the power, and yes he is waiting too for some numbers.

#65 ·
Know your opinion on this and I know is for the engines sakes. This car is going to be use 3-4 days a week full tank always, down here there are gas stations almost every corner. Track days are a straight line.

#66 ·
Then you should be fine , keeping it close to full is the trick that 4 guys wouldnt do and I stopped doing stock fuel tanks with bigger pumps when they all over diff amounts of time blew there engines , I was doing this back in 2002 , if you follow what you said you will be fine

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.