Focus Fanatics Forum banner

6 disc radio in 2005 Focus

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tech10002 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 6 disc out of another Focus. It worked for a night and because the radio sat not used it kept two of my cd's. I got them out and plugged the cd player back in to see if it would work. It did, but the screen died and I couldn't see anything. So I was wondering what a solution might be to fix this that wouldn't cost a lot. Was also wondering if anyone knew what the small square red plug in is. My original radio doesn't have it but it is on my harness.
Thanks. [:)]

#2 ·
If the screen died you might be screwed. it could be the actual screen itself or it could be a problem in the circuit board itself, and there isnt really any way of knowing but i could be wrong on that one.

And honestly your best bet is always to go aftermarket, it sounds much better than stock, and if you invest a little $ and not go for the cheapest unit, it will last longer than the car itself. IMO a double din unit looks awesome in the 05-07 dash.

#6 ·
You can buy a steering wheel control module for any aftermarket brand stereo from a couple different companies. I've used PAC modules in the past. The universal SWI-RC will control virtually any brand aftermarket radio with a remote input.

If you want to buy used and save a few bucks, you can still find the old school application specific modules too. The SWI-JACK is for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, and Blaupunkt. The SWI-PS is for Pioneer and Sony. Finally, the SWI-ECL2 is for Eclipse.

They also make a non brand specific SWI-X model that can learn infrared commands from the original remote and control anything that has IR capability, so you can even control really oddball stuff. I set up a car computer one time and programmed a SWI-X to emulate the Windows Media Center remote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.