Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Warranty, Use it!

4K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Focus Racer S2 
#1 ·
Ok, I think I got a new pet peave. People, first I am not trying to sound like an ass here as well as not trying to be rude but if you have something go wrong with your car and you still have warranty, don't piss around with the problem trying to figure it out and also start wasting your money and time in the process. Warranty is there to be used. It's free, it's like your cars best friend. Anything goes wrong, even the slightest thing and all you have to do is pick up the phone and book an appointment. Most 'good' dealerships even give you a loaner to drive, NO CHARGE or possibly even a slight charge for insurance purposes (I used to work for a rental car company so I know what I am talking about).

Anyway, seriously, I know some of your are noobs (newbies) or rookies to the modding world or possibly even to cars, it's all cool. Posting some things on here that are warrantly related is cool, actually pretty interesting to see if anyone else has had any similar problems. It's a good thing but posting stuff saying your busy rewiring the engine bay cause something shorted out and started a fire on your 04 is just retarded. You have to be smarter than that.

Ford has an awesome warranty program, one of the best I have seen. They have replaced stuff on my car that I broke and I even told them I broke it. I just got done going through the final stages of my warranty on my car. I literally gave them a list of stuff, no question, every single thing was fixed or replaced.

Warranty is there for a purpose, use it at all times. Avoid the headaches trying to figure out some of that stuff yourself as well as possibly making things worse. Also, why pay more $$$ for things that you can get for free, that is just common sense and then some there.

I know a guy that 'trashed' his clutch and ended up having all sorts of problems and they replaced everything as well as making two months of car payments for him cause it took that long to eventually get it all fixed. Another example, my brother drove his focus into the ground bagging it and all to the point that the entire engine was replaced, under warranty. Just a couple examples of how 'extreme' the warranty program is for your focus.

Sorry for the ranting and like I said, don't take this negatively, it may sound harsh but I am just trying to get my point across.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Hahahahaha I was actually going 2 tell u, u should put that in your sig or avatar. LOL
Only cause u stress it so much.
But it's true we all should use it, but some of us may be like me and want 2 check and do things oursleves, then go 2 them. Just a control thing, I guess.
Plus the fear of them touching my little girl, it scares me, but if u have 2, u have to.

#3 ·
It's definitely good to learn and do things themselves but I honestly have seen posts like....

"Hey my car shot out some sparks out the back, there is smoke coming from the engine bay and now my car won't start. I just removed the head and didn't find anything, no Jimmy Hoffa wasn't in there, and now I am thinking about pulling the motor. BTW, I drive a 2004 ZX5, thanks for the help"

Actually you know what, keep posting those types of questions up here, I love it, makes the day very 'fun'.....

#4 ·
No, I'm just saying 4 some of us they probably think that or they think I don't want 2 bother them, or hey they just think we can help better before they go in and get told what possibly is not wrong. But yes, the warranty should be used, u r paying 4 it.

#7 ·
I'd like to make another point along the same lines. When you do take your car in for warranty work/general repair, treat the service writers with a little respect and you'll get alot farther. I know it's difficult to stay calm when the car you love and pay lots of $$$ takes a dump, but 99% of the time it's not the service writer's fault. I hear so many people ranting that they told them this... called them that. How well would that crap work with you if the roles were reversed? Next time take a deep breath and stay calm unless the dealership really does try to screw you. I'm not suggesting you give in to them, just pick your battles wisely and don't take out your frustrations on the front line guy. If you really are having problems, ask to see the service manager... then the general manager... district, etc. Just be firm, but polite. Once you piss them off they'll fight you every time they see you.

No, lol, I'm not a service writer. [B)]

#10 ·
S2, i have a feeling the american dealer are giving there owners a much harder time than us in canada!

And I also had a dealer that would fix anything i name, is amazing(but i didn't get any free rental~). But now my car is out of warranty, i miss booking appointment, haha!

#11 ·
Oh yeah I hear ya ^^^^^^

Basically I was just trying to make the point that some of the people on here have MAJOR problems with their car and they post on here like they are actually fixing it themselves, spending their cash and time trying to fix something that you can just get fixed, for free. You pay for warranty when you buy your car, use it.

Then again I am all for trying to figure out things yourself, it's good to learn how a car works. When it comes to it, warranty should be your car's best friend as someone posted before. It's there for you to use so use it. Don't feel dumb taking your car to a dealership to get a small problem fixed, they will love you. Dealerships make most of their money through service work.

#13 ·
Canada has it sides also, 1/2 the people up here look like Joe Dirt.....j/k hence why I am growing my mullet, feel the need to 'fit in'.... LOL

Yeah the states are great though, I miss being there, on holidays... I have been to 1/2 of them.....

#14 ·
Example guys my rear brake caliper went on my car and they replaced it along with redoing all my rear brakes for free. I asked them to check my wheel bearing in the back cause my car wasn't handling right. So what they did was change everything but they didn't mention to me that all the break fluid ruined my rim. Well i know the rim was done cause i could scratch the finsh off if it with my nail. So camly and respectfully i asked for the service manager. Without freaking i politely asked the Manager what would happen if brake fluid would be spilled on a rim. He said it would ruinb your finish. So i replied well can check my rim cause this warranty item has damaged my Rim. To make story short i asked the Manager when he said im not sure we can do anything. Then i poped the Question to the manager what WOULD YOU DO IF THIS WAS YOUR CAR!! BINGO His Response was Awwwww........ well i'd get Ford to replace it. Thats it guys be smart. The original thing that i didn't mention was i asked the service technician at the desk which is a mechanic if the brake fluid could damage my rim. He's like no way your car is fine. So then i responded to him "are u for real" He's like what do you mean. Im like ok which car here is yours!! His response was the white Windstar... my response was ok then i'll pour this brake fluid on your car right now and you tell me then if it will damge your Paint. He's like no... don't do that!! Well i said don't lie to me. Im cusotmer and im not stupid get your manager. See that was unfair to me cause if i didn't know the brake fluid could damage my paint they would have never told me. But i didn't freak out and i was totally reasonable about it. But the thing that got me is the regular service tech at the service desk straight out lied to me. That is not Civil and that is not exactly Great service. But at least they are now gonna replace my rim for Free!! Everone Keep your eyes out on these guys.

#15 ·
Good Story! Perfect example why sometimes you do have to 'bitch' a little to get things done. I know at a certain dealership I have been to, one of the top guys said sometimes they just say 'fix the damn thing and get them out of here'...... it does work.

#17 ·
agreed s2!!! theres a bunch of stuff i know about cars and how to fix them, but theres somethings i have no clue about. same with anyone out there! no matter how much you know, theres always something you dont. so after i put my springs on, and had my abs light come on, i unplugged the brake cables and plugged them back in because they had come unplugged during the installation and i thought i plugged them back in all the way. DIDNT WORK! i didnt want to go through more trouble than it was worth, so i took it to the dealership, told them what happened, they fixed it in under half an hour. i was surprised. it is there for you to take advantage of. and with this warrenty..i must say DONT BE CATIOUS ABOUT THRASHING YOUR RIDE! because if you drive like me, things get burnt out or control arms tweak...all replaced for free :D

#19 ·
Yeah it's very true, it actually amazing what they WILL replace under warranty. On the other side, in defence of those that post on here about things that can get fixed under warranty, I still want to say thank you, cause it does just 'bump' up someones knowledge to know that those type of things are happenning with focus cars. It's the ones that have major problems and are trying to actually fix the problem themselves, chances are you won't fix it, you will pay out of your pocket to get it fixed or for parts or your just going to make it worse.

Warranty is a 'good' thing......... it is.....

#21 ·
I think this should be made a sticky.

#24 ·
lol, yes, that's the poster child for this thread.

#26 ·
its nice when warranty can be applied but our warranty ran out very fast as we piled on mileage with courier runs we got an 02 with 112k miles. so i dont have a warranty. and now i just got a dumb rattle in the rear drivers side quarter panel area i believe its the exhaust. hope its nothing major

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.