Focus Fanatics Forum banner

About to run my SVTF at the track what do you think i will run?

8K views 73 replies 29 participants last post by  rfinger 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I am about to run my SVTF on Sat at the track. I have a Procharger with the 8psi pulley (tuned by Hypnotic), ORP, FC TB, VF rear mount, Steeda STS, with 42lb injectors and motorcraft copper spark plugs. What does everyone think I will run? Later in the day I will be going to the dyno what does everyone think i will put down there?

#57 ·
Im pretty dissappointed to say the least. I ran 7 times and I have NEVER ran this car at the track and lets just say keeping it from spinning its ass off off the line or hell even launching it is a pita. But my first run I spun all the way through 3rd and chirp 4th and I ran a 17.XX. But after that the runs were consistantly faster every time and the fastest I ran for the day was a 14.6 and that was still some mega spinning and the launch was descent but not like i like. My r/t times were good with my best being .117 but my 60 foot times KILLED me with them hovering around 2.6-2.8 with nothing but tire smoke or bogging. Im still learning how to launch this thing and after talking to Wayne for a while on Sat we both think after some more learning on my part and some tweaking to the tune i should run 13's easily. Then with the 10lb pulley and and lsd, clutch, flywheel, BETTER FRICKING TIRES......I should be running VERY well. I am going again this coming weekend and I will keep everyone posted on this or a similar thread. damn those contis blow lol

#58 ·
lol ya contis really do suck especially once they wear down a bit. On my svt just with a couple bolt ons and a tune I spin horribly in first and the 1/2 shift spins a decent amount as well. The LSD and new tires should do wonders for traction.

#59 ·
yeah i mean i would spin in the water box and i lowered the air psi on the tires and a i thought that they would grap descently but they just spun and spun.............i wonder what a good set of tires would be for track/daily driver usage?

#61 ·
i told ya not faster than mid to low 14's ... better tires definetly needed .. if i were u i'd buy another set of track rims and but drag radials on those ... the bfg goodrich drag radials wear down very quickly for daily driven

#62 ·
I mean the car pulled like HELL when i FINALLY hooked I saw 96mph trap speed a couple of times and that was only really hooking up in like the top end of 3rd and up I can def see me getting into the 13s but traction is a major issue obviously..................time for some tires

#64 ·
ok what would recommend other than D/R becuase they are nice and all but I will need some tires before long anyway for daily driving. but i guess i could always get some of those on the side for just track purposes.

#65 ·
get 2 16" rims with drag radials and just get good all season performance tires for your 17s man. just swap off the front 2 when you wanna go out to the strip or pouncin on the street. sound like a plan?

#66 ·
hey, there's 2 svt contour rims in usable shape on ebay for 25 bucks + shipping with 2 days left on the auction. item # 8041801432. check it out, could be exactly what you need for the drag radials if you don't have any 16" rims yet. the bfg drag radials don't seem to come in 16" though. good luck dude.

#69 ·
no i didnt i didnt have time after i went to the track I got a call from a friend of mine that has been in Iraq for the last 2 years and wanted to get together so that kind of came before the dyno.............but I AM going to go this week hopefully I am waiting to get the xcal2 from wayne so i can datalog and dyno within a couple of days of each other

#73 ·
if you are still lookin for good treads, im gonna tell you right now that my 15" rotas w/ falken ZE-512 tires are the bomb..i hardly spin at all ( still some wheel hop) but i get good traction all the time..i didnt realize how good they were until i put my old 16s back on and saw how much i spun in second...it got my 1/4 down from around the 16 mark to now a 15.2, tires is everything, you could drop a second with good tires

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.