Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Footlights on 03 f0cus???

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SvviftSVT 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys im trying to install footlights on my focus

im a little lost on how to go ahead and do it, i know a basic idea of what i should do but i dont want to [:)][:)][:)][:)] [:)][:)] up

can anybody help

#3 ·
You can add a fuse and wire them up like that....

See the suggestions here about that:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227847

LED's are fairly easy to mount and wire up, the LED strips you find on amazon or superbrightleds.com would do the trick. Some come with self adheisive strips on them, then its just a matter of placing them where you want and running wire from the fuse to the foot wells. If you understand basic wiring, you can easily add a switch somewhere if you want to be able to turn them on or off that way.

#4 ·
I bought a kit on amazon.. http://www.amazon.com/4pc-Blue-Interior-Underdash-Lighting/dp/B000UV8FNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360264069&sr=8-1&keywords=led+glow+4+piece+blue and it worked really well. I was able to hide all the wires, and route them through the console. I had NEVER done any sort of wiring before, and I used this.. http://www.amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA200BP-ATO-Add-A-Circuit-Kit/dp/B0002BGELQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1360264141&sr=1-3&keywords=fuse+tap I tapped into the windshield wiper fuse, and have had zero problems at all. the little control box is stuck inside the kick panel by the dash in drivers footwell. the tubes are zipties to wires under the dash on driver side, screwed to cardboard panel thing in passenger well under glove box, and under the seats ziptied to a bar down there.. looks really good IMO

#5 ·
that kit also has a bunch of brightneses settings, different pattern fades, etc. I just have it wired to a switch so they come on with all my other lights now at full brightness. really cool when parked with friends who paid $100+ to get it done, and it looks just as good for >$50

#8 ·
i used to have those tubes off amazon/ebay (same stuff)
and yeah, i wired them the same way. i forgot which fuse i got the power from.. but that really is pretty much the same way i did mine..

i have since redone all my led lighting (cup holders/ac vents/ door pockets/ floor boards/ exterior grills and hood)

if you need some more help, let me know. i know my way around led lighting.

#10 ·
well i am using bricks like this..

i have one here

and one on the underside of the fuse box

also have one under the seat

PASSENGER SIDE

front and back floorboards

one under the back of the seat similar to the front.

#11 ·
nice. Yeah my passenger one is fine, just screwed into that carpet stuff and holds just fine lol. underseat ones are the same story, only problem is the drivers side trying to find a better place to attach it. i might just fab something up and ghetto rig it

#12 ·
When I had the tubes, I ziptied it to the hood latch release. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.