Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congratulations NICKGT40-2011 Focusfanatics.com Ride of the Year

30K views 96 replies 34 participants last post by  zx3_bmxrider 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's all congratulate NICKGT40, our 2011 RIDE OF THE YEAR!

First off I want to mention the guys I was up against. You guys all have amazing cars and are as deserving of this title as much as I am. I'm honored to have gone up against such great competition. With that said, I couldn't be happier to have won this. Even though I have worked really hard over the past 6 years building the car as you see it here it is nowhere near complete.

As I type this I have a new brake parts on the way, a completely new suspension set up in the garage, new wheels (as always), paint, and power stuff ready to be added. When I got the car the week before my Senior Prom I never could have imagined it would bring me to know so many great people. In fact, because of this car I'm convinced I have met some of the best people on the planet.

I never could have got this far without the support of all of my friends, all of the fans of the car, and of course all of the people who have helped me build the car to where it is today. Thank you, thank you all... I am truly grateful.

Thanks!!!
- Nick

See less See more
#33 ·
Those new ones are killer. What kind of specs on them?

#34 ·
18"x7" 40mm et

Narrow, unfortunately. But they're one of a kind 2 piece Boyd Coddington wheels.

I looked into getting new barrels welded on to take them to 8" wide up front and 9" in the rear but the price was pretty high.

More than likely I'll be ordering a new set of wheels sometime in November with custom offsets and widths. I think I might need to buy tires for the wheels I already have though, lol.

#37 ·
Yeah I know, that's how I bought them. These wheels already had tires mounted up and I just put them on. Apparently the guy a the wheel shop couldn't quite get it right.

[giggle]

#41 ·
The car has had the previous suspension taken out and TEIN Super Street Coilovers put in their place! Camber is now ~ -3 degrees in the front and -2.5 degrees in the rear.

Had to raise the rear end because the car wasn't sitting level. Fronts are all the way down, and even though its hard to tell in the picture it now sits about 1/3" lower than the other most recent pictures.

Keep in mind these are 215/45/17 tires on 7.5" wheels with a 45mm et, this is pretty much as low as I can get with this set up as the tires already make contact with the inside of the wheel wells on hard jolts. The car is completely drivable otherwise and actually handles great!

More to come soon including proper wheels, photoshoot to follow!!

#46 ·
Maybe a teaser of the new brakes will get some comments.

Those are the 18" Boyds, all 17" wheels must go as they will no longer fit the car. Goin' big.

#52 ·
Lol I figured. To be honest, I haven't really looked into pricing on them just yet but would you know what they go for on average?

#53 ·
Posted via FF Mobile
Where do you get RS wheels at, I would love to see a set on a 2nd Gen!

#54 ·
The only place you can find them new is through ebay.co.uk

They're not cheap that way, you're looking at probably $200-400 a wheel with conversion and shipping IF you can find somebody that will ship them to you.

The only other hope is to find them used on forums/craigslist/ebay here.

#55 ·
Posted via FF Mobile
Thanks, now if I ever decide to run another set of wheels, I know where to get them.
The wheels I have now are 500-600 each in Europe, so I feel the pain on that!

#56 · (Edited)
You can also check ebay.de but you'll need a good page translator.

Don't mind me... just needed a good place to put this newly revamped list:

EXTERIOR:
RS Collections Front Bumper
RS Collections Rear Bumper
SVT Mirrors
Roush Sideskirts
RS Rear Wing
KONA Roof Rack
ST170 Headlights
'98 Euro Upper Grille
Nightshaded Front Signals
Debadged Rear End
Rear Wiper Delete
Color Matched and Smoothed Hatch Strip
Color Matched and Smoothed Handles
Color Matched and Smoothed Moldings
Cosworth Sierra Hood Vents
(not installed)

INTERIOR:
MOMO Airleather Knob
MOMO Front Buckets
MOMO Rear Seat Cover
Intermittent Wipers
SVT Steering Wheel
SVT E-Brake Handle
K.C. Flocked Radio Surround
Me!

ENGINE DRESS-UP:
Powdercoated/Polished Contour Valve Cover
SVT Degas Cover
FocusSport Polished VC Cap

PERFORMANCE:
AEM CAI
Screamin' Demon Coil
Red Live Wires
Lunchbox Delete
Ported Throttle Body
Kent Cam Gears
VF Upper Motor Mounts
Poly Insert Dogbone

SUSPENSION & BRAKES:
TEIN Super Street Coilovers
FSWerks Race Camber Plates
18mm Front Sway
22mm Roush Rear Sway
Prothane Rear Endlinks
FSWerks Lower Front Stress Bar
Rear Camber bolts
Powdercoated Full SVT Brake Swap

WHEELS, TIRES
18x8 42mm Offset Focus RS Wheels
215/35/18 Pirelli PZero Neros
18x8 23mm Offset 2-Piece Work Meister S1
215/35/18 Bridgestone RE760s
18x7 40mm Offset 2 Piece Boyd Coddington Customs
Tires TBD
17x7.5 45mm Offset Rota SDR
215/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1
17x7 42mm Offset Forged Centerline Storm
(Looking for 2 more of the Centerlines BTW)

MISC.:
Fog Light Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.