Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#10,121 ·
So I got a new headlight switch thinking that would fix my fog light situation and no luck. I'm lost.
And I noticed my ds fog is cracked to shiznit! Fml
Anybody got any ideas? I'm going to double check the fuses, but they were good last time I checked, which was after they stopped working.

#10,122 ·
So I got a new headlight switch thinking that would fix my fog light situation and no luck. I'm lost.
Anybody got any ideas? I'm going to double check the fuses, but they were good last time I checked, which was after they stopped working.

#10,123 ·

Installed a led "brick" in the port.
I love epo
I <3 EPO as well, and yea, I am willing to help out on any and all LED projects. Done a few in recent history that turned out pretty well, I still have some work to do on Patt's since the switch doesn't work too well. [wave] Hi Patt

#10,126 ·
Yeah I got hids, but I even swapped regular bulbs and no luck.
And I'm willing to help whenever I can as well

#10,128 ·
Donald here at Pauls. Why didn't you come over Justin? jk. Might need your help with my leds once i got all the materials together.
Cause my family is in town and I am spending time with them, but they are leaving tomorrow morning so perhaps something after work or something, or this weekend.

I am gonna try and talk Ray into doing the SVT brake swap on my ride the weekend after next if he ain't got anything going on. And I am pretty sure you want in on that project.

#10,131 ·
Nice!

Got my slave in and was showing Donald when I noticed it wasn't the brand I ordered and it had the serial number scratched off. So I'm looking at it and it says Luk on it!! It's a factory OEM slave cylinder for half the price!! Gotta love that. Compared it to the one on the bell housing I took off, definitely the same part. This super awesome!

We didn't get much accomplished on the SVT but I did find out some things. Like I have a busted coolant hose from the stupid dealer just throwing the motor in there, and it's one that's been discontinued. Bastards!! Well guess I'll have to make my own.

Oh and D found out there is a 10mm bolt under the steering column on the shaft that needs to be removed then it should just slip right off. Just got to make sure the steering wheel stay strait and stuff, shouldn't be much hassle.

#10,132 ·
that is awesome Paul! congrats.
sucks about the hose though.

and i have just another reason to run my intake from my foglight... "ram air" should help me out a bit!! teehee

now, just gotta figure out how to make the passenger fog work. i am going to try throwing the relay back in... been running the Jumper wire for 3 years and never looked back. good thing i have the relay still..

#10,133 ·
^^Thanks, yeah stoopid dealer not making money off a car so they don't care what they do to it after the fact.

The pipercross intake with work perfect with your ram air idea! It had a tube with a horn on the end to mount on the front just like your talking about. It's not that common over here since it's more a EDM intake. You should check it out, I'll think you'll like it!

#10,134 ·
YES!!
that is exactly what i want to do. now to figure out a way to fab one up myself.... hmm...
dryer heater hose???

and i saw a pic of a guy who cut up his lower svt grill and put an inlet in the corner of it near the fog. that would be cool, but i dont want to cut it up... hmmm
maybe mount an inlet behind the grill?? and run piping or whatever to my filter?

#10,137 ·
Daniel, you won't get much of a ram air effect on our cars. To get a ram air effect you would need a much larger intake opening that then funnels down to your pipe size. This gives you a large amount of air that as it funnels down increases in velocity and when combined with speed of the car you get ram air. But you need to be well above 60 mph since the speed at which the engine pulls in air is well over 60 mph so you have to going faster than the speed of the air the engine is pulling in. You would have a cold air which would be slightly pressurized at speed which = more air/oxygen thus a denser mix so it would help. Besides all that it would be cool.

#10,138 ·
Looks good Jeremy. Now just need pics on car for daytime and nighttime.

Was going to comment in showroom but when I clicked link above that took me to the showroom it showed me as not being logged in anymore so I could not post. When i hit the back button to come back here "Shazam!" I am logged in again. Stupid forum.

#10,139 ·
Check this one out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ps93y8Y74&feature=fvwrel
It might even be the hid ballasts that have failed. These always overheat and short out internall. There are very similar to the neon light ballast in your kitchen that makes the light flicker.

#10,140 ·
^^ I swapped back to a halogen bulb and still nothing. Tried that first, for that very reason.

Donald, I know it wouldn't do much, but I do alot of highway driving sothe speed isn't an issue. I've wanted to do it cuz you dont see it much in person. At low speeds, it will function the way my sri does right now. Freeway will be more fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.